THE PRINTING PRESS
- DEFLATION OR DISINFLATION? Mehra, Puja // Business Today;4/19/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p26
The article discusses the inflation rate in India. The Wholesale Price Index (WPI) has declined to near zero due to a high base. Moreover, the annual inflation rate fell to 0.27% in March 2009 from 8% in 2008. The Consumer Price Index (CPI), on the other hand, was at 10.4% as of January 2009,...
- Two Echelon Inventory Supply Chain Model for Optimal Total Cost under Inflation and Deflation. Nagaraju, D.; Rao, A. Rama Krishna; Babu, P. Suresh // International Journal of Applied Engineering Research;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p221
The present industrial environment is sustaining with stiff competition due to the phenomena of Globalization. In order to cope with the competitiveness of the Global market, much attention has been drawn for efficient and effective management of the entire supply chain. Due to the present day...
- M&G's Woolnough: Why the west should not fear deflation. Berry, Michael // Fundweb;10/8/2014, p1
The article reports that the western countries need not worry about deflation. The western countries need not worry about the zero-bound of monetary policy and low inflation. The eecent financial market scenario led with fears of disinflation turning into full deflation in the European countries...
- The role of short-run inflation targets and forecasts in disinflation. Mahadeva, Lavan; Sterne, Gabriel // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Winter2002, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p430
Discusses reasons why the use of inflation targets may be more complicated during disinflation. Deviations of inflation from long- and short-run economic targets; Output costs of moving to the long-run inflation target within one or two years; Lack of prerequisites for the introduction of...
- Latvia's output price inflation eases in August. // Regional Today;
The article reports that producer price inflation in Latvia slowed in August 2013 as the producer price index increased by only 1.2% compared with the 1.4% rise in the previous month.
- Inflation Up 7%, Limiting Interest Cut Option. // India -- West;5/18/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 26, pA34
The article presents information on an increase in the wholesale price index inflation in India.
- Czech March output price inflation eases. // Regional Today;04/16/2013, p2
The article reports on a 1% year-on-year increase of the Czech Republic's producer price index in March 2013 reflecting an easing of output price inflation.
- Inflation Goal To Be Reached. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;May2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the economic structure in India concerning the performance of the inflation of rate within the country's business sector. Accordingly, the relaxed inflatory pressures has brought down the country's wholesale price inflation rate to 5.74 percent through March 31, 2007....
- Thailand: Expect Two Rate Cuts In 2012. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/12/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p7
The article presents the outlook of the economy of Thailand. It expects that the Bank of Thailand (BoT) will cut interest rate by another 50 basis points (bps) which will bring its policy rate down to 2.75% by the end of 2012. Charts from Business Monitor International (BMI) showing consumer and...