Limits to Regrowth
- How to Save the World. Schwenninger, Sherle R. // World Policy Journal;Winter2008, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses the challenges U.S. President-elect Barack Obama will face in attempting to resolve the economic problems caused by the 2008 financial crisis and credit failures. This is no ordinary business-cycle downturn, the author states. Other topics include collapsing financial...
- What does the US election result mean for Australia? Caton, Chris // Money (Australia Edition);Dec2012/Jan2013, Issue 152, p34
The article focuses on the implications of the reelection of U.S. President Barack Obama to Australia including the prevention of a trade war between the U.S. and China and the lack of immunity of the country should the U.S. experience a recession due to the so-called fiscal cliff.
- Obama 'Modestly Optimistic' for Fiscal Deal. // Moderate Voice;12/28/2012, p11
The article reports on an announcement by U.S. President Barack Obama regarding a possible deal with Republicans to overcome the "fiscal cliff" crisis that could lead to a recession and impact global markets.
- An Age of Anxiety. Schorr, Daniel // New Leader;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p3
The article reports that the twenty-first century is described as an Age of Anxiety with the recession in the U.S. and hopes that U.S. President Barack Obama is the answer to its recovery.
- 2009 could be 1929. Budowski, Brent // Hill;2/3/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p15
The author reflects on the option of President Barack Obama and Congress to use grand bargain to fix the economic recession in the U.S.
- Obama needs to talk the talk. Morris, Dick // Hill;2/18/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p15
The author reflects on the need for President Barack Obama to inject optimism when talking about the economic crises in the U.S.
- Miraculous March to the White House. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Asia;11/24/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p11
The article presents the author's comments on the 2008 U.S. President-elect Barack Obama. According to the author, Obama has to pursue prudent approaches towards recession and Iran's terrorist-supporting mullahs to develop nuclear weapons. He also says that Obama can do immeasurable good by...
- Obama warns economy will get worse. Youngman, Sam // Hill;12/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 131, p1
The article reports on the job creation rescue plan of President-elect Barack Obama to fight the economic depression in the U.S.
- Obama names his poison. Jones, Phil // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);2/18/2009, Vol. 105 Issue 46, p4A
The author reflects on the strategies imposed by President Barack Obama to take the economy out from recession in the U.S.