Limits to Regrowth
- How to Save the World. Schwenninger, Sherle R. // World Policy Journal;Winter2008, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses the challenges U.S. President-elect Barack Obama will face in attempting to resolve the economic problems caused by the 2008 financial crisis and credit failures. This is no ordinary business-cycle downturn, the author states. Other topics include collapsing financial...
- What does the US election result mean for Australia? Caton, Chris // Money (Australia Edition);Dec2012/Jan2013, Issue 152, p34
The article focuses on the implications of the reelection of U.S. President Barack Obama to Australia including the prevention of a trade war between the U.S. and China and the lack of immunity of the country should the U.S. experience a recession due to the so-called fiscal cliff.
- Obama 'Modestly Optimistic' for Fiscal Deal. // Moderate Voice;12/28/2012, p11
The article reports on an announcement by U.S. President Barack Obama regarding a possible deal with Republicans to overcome the "fiscal cliff" crisis that could lead to a recession and impact global markets.
- An Age of Anxiety. Schorr, Daniel // New Leader;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p3
The article reports that the twenty-first century is described as an Age of Anxiety with the recession in the U.S. and hopes that U.S. President Barack Obama is the answer to its recovery.
- 2009 could be 1929. Budowski, Brent // Hill;2/3/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p15
The author reflects on the option of President Barack Obama and Congress to use grand bargain to fix the economic recession in the U.S.
- Obama needs to talk the talk. Morris, Dick // Hill;2/18/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p15
The author reflects on the need for President Barack Obama to inject optimism when talking about the economic crises in the U.S.
- Miraculous March to the White House. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Asia;11/24/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p11
The article presents the author's comments on the 2008 U.S. President-elect Barack Obama. According to the author, Obama has to pursue prudent approaches towards recession and Iran's terrorist-supporting mullahs to develop nuclear weapons. He also says that Obama can do immeasurable good by...
- Obama warns economy will get worse. Youngman, Sam // Hill;12/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 131, p1
The article reports on the job creation rescue plan of President-elect Barack Obama to fight the economic depression in the U.S.
- Lenders: In blaming banks, president 'went overboard.'. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;2/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p18
The article comments on some of the remarks of U.S. President Barack Obama during his first state of the union address in January 2010 which include blaming the banks for the recession.