Do You Belong?
- NACUFS Convenes North-of-the-Border. // Food Management;Sep2006, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the online education course offered by the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) to help college foodservice professionals ameliorate their comprehension, as well as the management of campus meal plan strategies, financials, and operations...
- Dallas Restaurant Association names officers for 1998. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p51
Announces that the 1,000-member Dallas Restaurant Association elected its officers for the year 1998. Association's 1998 slate of officers.
- MARKET RESOURCES. // Restaurant & Foodservice Market Research Handbook;2007, p289
A listing of market resources including associations, analysts and market consultants and periodicals related to food service is presented.
- GRI goes to the source to study Italian cuisine. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/23/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p4
Highlights the annual convention of Gruppo Ristorati Italiani, a United States-based organization of food service professionals, in Udine, Italy. Purpose for the creation of the organization; Presentation of food products and menu ideas; Plan of Maggiore to served risotto with baby shrimp, wild...
- Foodservice managers unite to fight Beijing woes. Austen, Gayle // Hotel & Motel Management;7/26/93, Vol. 208 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the formation of Beijing Food and Beverage Managers Association in an effort to apply collective thinking to problems encountered by hotels in Beijing, China. Pricing policy uncertainties; Collective-buying program for wines.
- Training and Development for Knowledge Workers - Malaysian Scene. Hashim, Laili B.; Taib, Khairul Mizan // International Journal of Business, Humanities & Technology;Mar2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p138
As Malaysia aspires to move ahead into the K-based economy which is knowledge and technologically driven, the government have to focus more on the critical development and management of human capital. Despite the importance of traditional factors of production (labour, capital raw materials and...
- From Traditional Knowledge Management in Hierarchical Organizations to a Network Centric Paradigm for a Changing World. Crawford, Kate; Hasan, Helen; Warne, Leoni; Linger, Henry // Emergence: Complexity & Organization;2009, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
At the beginning of the 21st century, all organizations need to address the continually changing social and economic landscape in which they operate. In this landscape organizations need to be responsive, flexible and agile and acquire the capability to leverage information and use collective...
- TV Chef Jamie Oliver goes back to college. // Education (14637073);10/4/2002, Issue 74, p2
This article reports that TV chef Jamie Oliver has been going back to his roots to meet the country's next generation of cooking stars. Oliver began his career as a student in London, studying for a City & Guilds qualification in catering at Westminster College. Mr Oliver has been on tour,...
- INVESTING IN THE FUTURE. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/26/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 39, Special Section p22
Provides information about the Foodservice Consultants Society International's Educational Foundation in the U.S. History of the foundation; Coverage of the training programs; Benefits of the foundation for the food service industry.