- Credit Crunch Raises Pressure On U.S. Textile Industry. Ellis, Kristi; Casabona, Liza; Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/14/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 79, p12
The article reports on the effect of credit crunch in the textile industry in the U.S. According to industry executives, the ongoing credit crisis and consolidation of retailers and apparel manufacturers have added another problems and creating a higher level of operating difficulty in the...
- Indian Carpet Industry - A Red Carpet?? Mathur, Manisha // Man-Made Textiles in India;Jun2008, Vol. 51 Issue 6, preceding p188
The author reflects on the economic condition of the carpet industry in India. The author claims that the country's carpet industry is one of the most ancient, desirable sources for the upliftment of the underdeveloped economy with a small per capita investment. The country's major producers of...
- Textile Execs on Asia: Prices Still Sinking; Some Drop Below Cost. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/13/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 71, p1
Reports on the economic status of the Asian textile industry. Impact of wages on the textile manufacturing costs; Percentage decline in the cost of Korean wool suits imported into the United States; Problems facing Asian apparel and textile producers if they continue to offer the discount levels.
- Market Week Wrap-Up. // Home Textiles Today;9/27/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p26
In this article, the author discusses the possibility that home textiles production may return to the U.S. as a result of China's rising prices.
- Global Mills Brace For Further Economic Fallout. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/3/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 22, p11
The article reports on the business strategy adapted by the global textile industry to remain in the business amidst the worsening global economic conditions. It states the biggest challenge faced by European mills where adjusting to designers and manufacturers who were looking for the cheapest...
- Global Textile Mills Industry Profile. // Textile Mills Industry Profile: Global;Apr2012, p1
An industry profile of the global textile mills market as of April 2012 is presented. It provides an overview of the global textile mills market value, growth forecast, category and geographic segmentation, and textiles market competition. It also offers a five-year comparative market analysis...
- Textile Mills Industry Profile: Europe. // Textile Mills Industry Profile: Europe;Apr2012, p1
An industry profile of the textile mills market in Europe as of April 2012 is presented. It provides an overview of the European textile mills market value, growth forecast, category and geographic segmentation, and textiles market competition. It also offers a five-year comparative market...
- Gain in fabric orders a good sign. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;12/14/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the status of fabric orders in High Point, North Carolina. It mentions exhibitors who attended the semiannual Showtime fabric show in December 2009, as well as the other fabric executives were optimistic that the sector has already stabilized due to the gradual increase in...
- Other Signs of Better Days Ahead. Reichard, Robert // Textile World;May99, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p15
Offers advice on what textile mills and the textile industry, in general, must do to improve its market. How to attract consumers in buying textile products; Significance of smaller import inflows and productivity gains.