The endless list of Maples debts
- Will Cinven waive ...7.29m claim to give Maples creditors a better deal? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p7
Details the debt incurred by the furniture firm Maples. Creditors' meeting held by the company on November 27, 1997; Largest creditors; Discussion between the company and its creditors on how to settle the debt.
- Frank's belated note of warning. // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p36
Recounts the author's experience in visiting a former Maples store being occupied on a temporary lease.
- Maples stock auctioned off. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p2
Reports on the sale of the remaining items of Maples stock after the chain's collapse in an auction on July 20, 1998.
- Consumer creditor claims to have clear evidence of fraud at Maples. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p2
Discloses consumer creditor Alistair Somerville Ford's claims that he has evidence to prove fraud at Maples. Call of Somerville for the High Court's intervention on the liquidation of Maples' assets; Persons elected to the liquidation committee.
- The truth will out. // Cabinet Maker;02/06/98, Issue 5074, p1
Opinion. Comments on the financial problems faced by British furniture retailer Maples. Reaction by staff members of the `Cabinet Maker' magazine concerning the controversy; Implications of the controversy on the furniture industry in the country.
- `General practice' to falsify sales records, claim former Maples branch managers. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/06/98, Issue 5074, p2
Focuses on the claim made by branch managers of British furniture retailer Maples that it was common practice for branch managers in the chain to falsify sales records to improve the chain's cash flow and continue trading. Features of the financial problems facing the company; Background to the...
- Maples man opens store just yards from old employer's Jersey branch. // Cabinet Maker;03/20/98, Issue 5080, p3
Reports that former Maples manager Michael Carroll has opened a retail outlet near the company's store location. Carroll's motivation for to compete against his former employer; Comments.
- Maples owners had 40 days warning of ...7.7m shortfall. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/15/98, Issue 5088, p8
Reports on the financial status of Maples furniture retailer with its chain liabilities exceeding its assets and overdraft limits. Estimated amount of the liabilities; Appointment of Deloitte & Touch as administrative receiver.
- New year decision on Maples stores. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/21/97, Issue 5065, p7
Focuses on Kingsway's plans for the six of the 11 Maples stores it purchased after its January 1998 sales. Stores that will be retained by Kingsway; Possible expansion of the Landmark format; Sites where new Kingsway stores will be opened.