Our Little Canary
- Bernanke: Costs of Crisis Have Been 'Very Severe'. // Bond Buyer;3/23/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33286, p2
The article focuses on the view of Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, that the economic costs of the financial crisis have been very severe in the U.S.
- Global slowdown makes its way to Wyoming. Hicks, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/10/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p22
The article reports on the speech of Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke regarding global economic slowdown at the annual fete of world economists in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
- Dear Ben Bernanke. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2008, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p218
An excerpt from a letter written by "GQ" staff addressed to Ben Bernanke related to the financial crisis in the U.S. is presented.
- The Fed and the speech. // Hill;1/26/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p18
The author reflects on the nomination for second term of Ben Bernanke as the chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board.
- A New Direction on Wall Street. Newman, Rick // U.S. News & World Report;9/29/2008, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p22
The article discusses the actions taken by U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson in dealing with the financial crisis. Topics include an examination on how the crises in the U.S. are affecting the global credit markets, a brief explanation of how the...
- Reflections on a Year of Crisis. Bernanke, Ben // National Mortgage News;8/31/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p4
The article presents a script by Ben Bernanke, chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board, delivered at the Bank of Kansas City's Annual Economic Symposium, in which he discussed the intensity of the financial crisis, government efforts to address the matter, and the potential effects of...
- Visiting with history. Streeter, William W. // ABA Banking Journal;Nov2008, Vol. 100 Issue 11, p4
The author talks about Paul Volcker, former chairman of the Federal Reserve. The author mentions that when Volcker was asked about how Fed Chairman Ben Bernake handles the credit crisis, Volcker commends Bernake for dealing with the situation adequately given his limited powers. The author...
- Morgan Would Weep. // America;12/8/2008, Vol. 199 Issue 19, p5
The author reflects on the challenges faced by financial services industry in combating economic crisis in the U.S.Financial executives headed by Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke works together with federal government to fight financial crisis. The author cites that the economic recovery...
- QUARTERLY OUTLOOK. Guimar�es, Paulo // Business & Economic Review;Oct-Dec2008, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p32
The author reflects on the economic condition in the U.S. He discusses the comment of Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank, at the Annual Economic Symposium of the Federal Reserve Bank in Kansas City that the country is facing one of the most challenging economic and policy...