Check Your Paradigm at the Door
- Individual Accounts in Other Countries. Kritzer, Barbara E. // Social Security Bulletin;2005/2006, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p31
The article focuses on countries which have implemented some type of individual, or personal account as part of their mandatory retirement income systems. An individual account has been classified by the International Social Security Association as an arrangement in which capital belonging to an...
- Hot off the Presses. // Plan Adviser;Nov2012, p19
This section offers news briefs concerning the retirement plan industry in the U.S. as of November 2012. New York Life Retirement Plan Services improved its client access Website for plan sponsors. ERISAdiagnostics Inc. has created a Section 404(a)(5) Participant Disclosure Checklist that...
- Money Talks. Myers, Melissa; Tucker, Michael // Echo Magazine;5/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p59
The article presents the authors' statements regarding the alternative strategies for retirement income planning.
- John Lawson: The dangers of Steve Webb's 'pension passport'. Lawson, John // Money Marketing (Online Edition);10/2/2014, p4
The article presents the author's views on the proposal of pensions passport in Great Britain. He says that most of the firms, calling for the replacement of current wake-up packs with pensions passport, don't have customers saving with their firm pre-retirement. He says that collecting an...
- MORE GO IT ALONE ON SUPER. Bright, Greg // BRW;3/15/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p48
The article reports on the increase in the number of Australians who are personally managing their own retirement savings. It explains that self-managed superannuation funds (SMSF) rose from 321.3 billion dollars in 2008 to 386.9 billion dollars in 2012. The transfer to SMSF from other funds...
- Unstacking the Deck: Preparing Women for Retirement. SHINER, CECILIA // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;2011, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p82
The article examines the preparedness of working women for retirement in the U.S. Inequities in the workplace are said to be demonstrated by the weakness in the retirement security of women. One of the factors that contribute to the saving shortfalls of women is their failure to prioritize...
- Calculating what you'll need to save for retirement. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;5/2/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p6
Offers strategies for retirement planning. Things to consider in planning for retirement; Formula for monthly retirement savings needs; Tips for saving.
- Turning on the TAPs. Kelly, Ross // Money Management;9/16/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p15
Reports on the launch of term allocated pensions (TAP) in Australia. Concept of TAP; Comment of Richard Gilbert, chief executive of the Investment and Financial Services Association, regarding the pension scheme; Estimated number of Australians with money in retirement income stream.
- Avoiding TAP traps. Kelly, Ross // Money Management;9/16/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p18
Discusses the potential pitfalls of term allocated pensions (TAP). Lack of payment flexibility; Estimates on the tax deductible amount received by clients choosing the shorter term; Need to seek financial advice on the investment option within a TAP.