- Je ne suis pas une copieuse. Kirkpatrick, Moira // Resource Links;Oct2013, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p45
The article reviews the book "Je ne suis pas une copieuse," by Ann Bonwill and illustrated by Simon Rickerty.
- L'incidence de l'hypothï¿½se initiale du vï¿½rificateur sur la performance subsï¿½quente dans le diagnostic des erreurs vï¿½ritables. Heiman-Hoffman, Vicky B.; Moser, Donald V.; Joseph, Jerry A. // Contemporary Accounting Research;Spring1995, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p781
Les travaux antï¿½rieurs qui ont portï¿½ sur la formulation d'hypothï¿½ses dï¿½montrent que les verificateurs ont tendance, dans la formulation de leurs hypotheses initiales, a attribuer les fluctuations imprï¿½vues aux erreurs qui se produisent frï¿½quemment dans les...
- Influence of Global Navigation Satellite System errors in positioning inventory plots for tree-height distribution studies. Mauro, F.; Valbuena, R.; Manzanera, J. A.; García-Abril, A. // Canadian Journal of Forest Research;Jan2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p11
Validation of predictive models in remote sensing requires a good coregistration of field and sensor data sets. However, previous research has demonstrated that Global Navigation Satellite System survey techniques often produce large positioning errors when applied to areas under forest...
- Entropy: A concept that is not a physical quantity. Zhang, Shufeng // Physics Essays;Jun2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p172
This study shows that entropy is not a physical quantity, that is, the physical quantity called 'entropy' does not exist. If the efficiency of a heat engine is defined as , and the reversible cycle is considered to be the Stirling cycle, then, given , we can prove and If , , and are thought to...
- Featured reviews. Sweets, John F. // American Historical Review;Apr95, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p474
Reviews the books `Une jeunesse francaise: Francois Mitterand, 1934-1947,' by Pierre Pean and `Vichy: Un passe qui ne passe pas,' by Eric Conan and Henry Rousso.
- On-ice sweat rate, voluntary fluid intake, and sodium balance during practice in male junior ice hockey players drinking water or a carbohydrate-electrolyte solution. Palmer, Matthew S.; Logan, Heather M.; Spriet, Lawrence L. // Applied Physiology, Nutrition & Metabolism;Jun2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p328
This study evaluated the repeatability of hydration and sweat measurements taken during on-ice hockey practices with players drinking only water, and determined whether having only a carbohydrate-electrolyte solution (CES) to drink during practices decreased fluid intake or affected other...
- Reviews of books. Jordan, William Chester // American Historical Review;Jun94, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p867
Reviews the book ``Proslytisme juif'? Histoire d'une erreur,' by Edouard Will and Claude Orrieux.
- How robust are Bayesian posterior inferences based on a Ricker model with regards to measurement errors and prior assumptions about parameters? Rivot, E; Prévost, E; Parent, E // Canadian Journal of Fisheries & Aquatic Sciences;Nov2001, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p2284
We present a Bayesian approach of a Ricker stock-recruitment (S/R) analysis accounting for measurement errors on S/R data. We assess the sensitivity of posterior inferences to (i) the choice of Ricker model parameterizations, with special regards to management-related ones, and (ii) prior...
- PLAYING dress-up. Romney, Jonathan // Art Review;Jan2008, Issue 18, p92
The article reviews three films including "Ne Touchez Pas la Hache," directed by Jacques Rivette, "Une Vieille MaÃ®tresse," written and directed by Catherine Breillat, and "Les Amours d'AstrÃ©e et de CÃ©ladon," directed by Eric Rohmer.
- World literature in review: French. Knapp, Bettina L. // World Literature Today;Winter93, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p148
Reviews the book `On ne part pas, on ne revient pas,' by Helene Cixous.