Prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis: a little antacid might go a long way
- Rising WBC count predicts CBD stones in patients undergoing ERCP. Jayadevan, Rajeev; Joseph, Pramod; Nayak, Tanaya; Kokkat, Ajit; Ricci, Mario; Kiyici, Nejat; Norkus, Edward; Hertan, Hilary // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS68
An abstract to the article "Rising WBC Count Predicts CBD Stones in Patients Undergoing ERCP," Rajeev Jayadevan, Pramod Joseph, Tanaya Nayak, Ajit Kokkat, Mario Ricci, Nejat Kiyici, Edward Norkus, and Hilary Hertan is presented.
- Choledocholithiasis: Endoscopic Versus Laparoscopic Management. HEILI, MICHAEL J.; WINTZ, NANCY K.; FOWLER, DENNIS L. // American Surgeon;Feb1999, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p135
Focuses on a study which compared endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography/endoscopic retrograde sphincterotomy (ERCP/ERS) with laparoscopic common bile duct exploration (LSCBDE). Overview of the study; Materials and methods; Findings.
- Simple measures to prevent post- ERCP pancreatitis? Testoni, Pier Alberto // Gut;Sep2008, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p1197
The article highlights the results of a study which proposed simple measures to prevent post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) pancreatitis. The researchers have recognized a similar risk for post-ERCP pancreatitis in all four series, identifying homogeneity of the odds...
- Direct Cholangioscopy and Pancreatoscopy at Time of Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography. Kozarek, Richard A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1988, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p55
Presents information on a study on the efficacy of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. Methodology of the study; Diagnoses; Factors that contributed to the decline in the use of peroral cholangioscopy and pancreatoscopy.
- PREVENTING ERCP--INDUCED PANCREATITIS. Meier, Peter B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1992, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p1536
Presents information on pharmacologic agents studied that might reduce the frequency of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)-induced pancreatitis. Risk factors for pancreatitis in diagnostic retrograde pancreatography; Incidence of pancreatitis induced by diagnostic sphincter...
- Endoscopic basket impaction. Payne, Wyatt G.; Norman, James G. // American Surgeon;May1995, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p464
Focuses on the complications of Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) used for imaging the pancreatico-biliary tree and treating diseases of the pancreatic and biliary systems. Case of a 64-year-old white male presented with a four-week history of intermittent right upper...
- Laparoendoscopic rendezvous: an effective alternative to a failed preoperative ERCP in patients with cholecystocholedocholithiasis. Tzovaras, George; Baloyiannis, Ioannis; Kapsoritakis, Andreas; Psychos, Athanassios; Paroutoglou, George; Potamianos, Spyros // Surgical Endoscopy;Oct2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p2603
Background: Although the ideal management of cholelithiasis and concomitant choledocholithiasis is controversial, the two-stage approach [endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), sphincterotomy, and common bile duct (CBD) clearance followed by laparoscopic cholecystectomy] is the...
- Periampullary diverticula and technical success of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. Tyagi, Pankaj; Sharma, Praveen; Sharma, Barjesh Chander; Puri, A. S. // Surgical Endoscopy;Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p1342
Periampullary diverticula (PAD) discovered incidentally during endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography are usually asymptomatic, but can be a source of significant morbidity. The size of the diverticula and position of the papilla in relation to the diverticula are variable. The twofold...
- The Value of Pancreatic Pseudocyst Amylase Concentration in the Detection of Pseudocyst Communication with the Pancreatic Duct. Duvnjak, Marko; Rotkvic, Ivo; Vucelic, Borislav; Sikiric, Predrag; Brkic, Tomislav; Banic, Marko; Troskot, Branko; Supanc, Vladimir // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1991, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p595
The aims of the study were to compare the results of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and percutaneous cystopancreatography (PCP) in the detection of the communication between the pancreatic pseudocyst and the pancreatic duct, and to assess the reliability of the increased...