WHY STAFF ENGAGEMENT IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT WHEN TIMES GET TOUGH
- Cisco turns the Internet inside (and) out. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Oct96, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p28
Features innovations in human resources (HR) management, developed by Cisco Systems Inc. Technology base of the human resources department at Cisco; Cisco's optimal use of the Internet for its HR department; Employee recruitment using the World Wide Web. INSETS: Cisco's advice on what makes a...
- Get on and get ahead. Beagrie, Scott; Wigham, Ross; Weekes, Sue // Personnel Today;6/25/2002, p41
Presents a question and answer advisory on the professional dilemmas faced by employees. Alternative of working for a human resource software supplier; Work experience needed in training management; Ways to demonstrate leadership and management skills in the training function.
- TALKING POINT. Crabb, Steve // People Management;12/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p5
Introduces a series of articles on employment and personnel management.
- A leading role for HR in alternative staffing. Greble, Thomas C. // HR Magazine;Feb1997, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p99
Focuses on the need for human resource (HR) professionals to understand the operational, financial and legal aspects of alternative staffing strategies. Explanation of alternative staffing; Legal considerations before entering into any alternative staffing arrangement; Points to remember when...
- Low-Tech Ads, High-Tech CFOs. // Training & Development;Aug99, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p19
Reports on results of surveys on employment and other related issues in the United States as of August 1999. Finding by Manchester company that recruitment is the top human resource issue for organizations implementing technology; Finding by RHI Management that chief financial officers are...
- refreshhr Five Minute Quiz. // Human Resources Magazine;Apr/May2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p31
A quiz concerning employment in New Zealand is presented.
- Support from entry to exit. Crush, Peter // Human Resources (09648380);May2009, p39
The article discusses various topics published in the supplement within the issues including one on the role of human resource (HR) technology during the different stages of an employee's employment in an organization and another one on how HR and payroll can work together to make the employee's...
- AN ANALYSIS OF CONFUSIONS AND MISCONCEPTIONS SURROUNDING JOB ANALYSIS, JOB EVALUATION, POSITION CLASSIFICATION, EMPLOYEE SELECTION, AND CONTENT VALIDITY. Jensen, Ollie A. // Public Personnel Management;Jul/Aug78, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p257
Examines misconceptions surrounding job analysis, evaluation, position classification, employee selection and content validity. Definition of the terms; Functions of the processes; Comparison with civil service definitions.
- Don't Be Late for Your Important Date. DELVECCHIO, MICHAEL // ASRT Scanner;Apr/May2009, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p16
The article provides an answer to a question of how to start a new job.