Missteps and Mindful Strides
- TAKE A MENTOR TO LUNCH. // Money;Oct2012, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p71
The author suggests working with mentors in order to help obtain career-related information and guidance.
- PAUSE FOR REFLECTION. Sills, Charlotte; Critchley, Bill // Training Magazine;Apr2003, p30
Part IV. Outlines a best practice approach on the coaching relationship and its overall aim in facilitating change. Range of skills needed in a coaching session; Factors involved in the coaching engagement; Strategies for the client in between sessions.
- Looking for a mentor? Here's how to find, and keep, one. Bourque, Ron // New Hampshire Business Review;6/25/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p14A
Gives advice on how to build a strong, positive relationship with business mentors. Benefits of seeking mentors' advice; Ways of convincing business experts to impart their knowledge; Functions of business mentors.
- ASSUMPTIONS ARE THE FIRST TO GO. LOHAN, KEVIN // Training & Development (1839-8561);Oct2015, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p29
The article focuses on the influence of assumptions to coaching in business management. Topics discussed include the significance of coaches in business operation, their contribution in business success, the necessary skills for coaches, and the effective coaching approaches that should be used...
- Grow Your Managers! McPhail, Murray // New Zealand Management;Jun2005, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the importance of mentors to business managers. Factors which can produce resistance to delegation; Responsibilities of mentors in recognizing the skills and attributes of an individual; Importance of mentoring to succession planning.
- GILÅ -KODUM (1991-1999) alongside Bauhaus and Black Mountain College Metka Zobec (20 February 1956, Ljubljana-3 February 2013, Ljubljana). Vevar, Rok // Maska;Oct2013, Vol. 28 Issue 157/158, p70
Metka Zobec (1956-2013) created the Theatre and Puppet School - Cosmopolitan Workshop of Art (1991-1999) under the former Association of Cultural Organisations of Slovenia (ZKOS) in the beginning of the 1990s. The school pioneered new educational models in the field of performance art in...
- How to Mentor Potential Safety Coaches. Gray, Doug; Brooks, Bob; Earman, Dennis; Slater, Charles; Jeffrey, Mike; Moss, Keit; Bennet, Jimmy // Professional Safety;Dec2013, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p18
The article features a 3A model for mentoring potential safety leaders in an organization. Assessment is the first A of the model, on how many people has one mentored in his career, how many they could mentor, and how many people they should mentor. Constructive actions to ensure one never...
- The Expansion Plan. Wilde, Kevin D. // Talent Management;May2014, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses the significance of business networks in the expansion plans of startup companies and their newly appointed senior business leaders. External councils and advisory boards can be looked for creating long-term professional relationships, and their experience as well as vision...
- Why advisers and mentors matter. FRANTZ, JERRY // Smart Business Cleveland;Jun2014, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p18
The article focuses on the networking-focused nature of the business world where connections and contacts are leading to success. The author discusses some benefits that can be obtained from business contacts, JumpStart's Burton D. Morgan Mentoring Program and the roles of business mentors in...