KEEP EGOS IN CHECK TO PREVENT MORE LEHMAN-STYLE CRISES
- Power Trips. Lopez, Laura // Personal Excellence Essentials;Nov2010, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p10
The article explores the power trip behavior, which often comes with authority. Power has a means of engaging egos and establishing an illusion of superiority that comes with authority. As such, humility is one of the most power qualities that leaders must possess. Humble leaders stay connected...
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: More than a buzzword. Joanna6Andrews // Banker Middle East;Feb2012, Issue 137, p22
The article discusses the importance of thought leadership. Topics include the focus on getting the right talent, choosing between a reasonably paid job with flexible working hours or a high paying job with unreasonable working hours, and the shifting balance in world economic power. Also...
- Shooting stars burn bright. Lewis, Elen // Brand Strategy;Oct2002, Issue 164, p20
Focuses on the implications of personality and ego for the practice of branding and leadership. Assessment of the leadership of Hewlett-Packard executive Carelton Fiorina; Difficulty in identifying the extent of personality impact on brand value; Evaluation of company reputation based on the...
- Authority and leadership: The moral challenge. McCormick, Richard A. // America;7/20/1996, Vol. 175 Issue 2, p12
Comments on an article by Richard Lacayo in `Time,' magazine on the difference between power and influence. Leadership in the American Catholic Church; Charismatic type of leadership that liberates; Factual separation of office and leadership; Enslavement to tradition.
- LEADERS' BASES OF SOCIAL POWER AND ANTICIPATION OF TARGETS' RESISTANCE AS PREDICTORS OF TRANSACTIONAL AND TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP. Barbuto Jr., John E.; Fritz, Susan M.; Matkin, Gina S. // Psychological Reports;Dec2001, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p663
Examines the value of power and resistance for predicting transactional and transformational leadership. Anticipation of resistance to predict influence tactics; Absence of leadership; Influence of legitimate power.
- Leading with Purpose, Power, and Passion. HOWELL ADAMS, MARSHA // Nursing Education Perspectives (National League for Nursing);Jan2014, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p3
The article presents a message from the president of the National League for Nursing (NLN) where she talked about the importance for nurse educators to examine their own purpose, power and passion as they relate to leadership. Topics discussed include the initiatives of the NLN Leadership...
- Changing of the guards. Neales, Sue // Bulletin with Newsweek;08/11/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6135, p22
Reports that in Melbourne, Victoria there is a group of younger, ambitious men in line to take over the positions held by the city's ageing elite. Steve Vizard, Andrew Kroger, Michael Kroger, Tim Costello, Daniel Besen and Eddie McGuire all considered future leaders for the late 1990s; Less...
- Contents Page. // Social Forces;Dec2011, Vol. 90 Issue 2, pNP
The table of contents for the December 2011 edition of the journal "Social Forces" is presented.
- Le narcissisme ordinaire: une forme moderne d'aliÃ©nation politique de la gouvernance. DORNA, Alexandre // Argumentum: Journal the Seminar of Discursive Logic, Argumentati;Jan2014, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p61
The phenomenon of alienation in politics is directly connected to the process of mediatization and to the omnipresence related to this process. The psychopathological elements need to be discussed with respect to the background of the economic structure of contemporary society. Politicians...