Constructive and Destructive Radicals
- YEMEN-UNREST. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);8/27/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 1266, p9
The article reports on the social unrest in Yemen wherein the supporters of President Ali Abdullah and the anti-regime protesters rallied on August 26, 2011 and on the three suspected al Qaeda militants who were killed by the Yemeni army in Abyan.
- A War Of Analogies. // America;5/11/1985, Vol. 152 Issue 18, p382
The author considers American involvement in the Nicaraguan social unrest as of May 1985. He believes that the Reagan Administration may be fixated in the socialist and Marxist leanings of the Sandinista Government that it may fail to see the national aspirations of Nicaraguans and eventually...
- The Birth of South Sudan. Gettleman, Jeffrey // New York Times Upfront;11/14/2011, Vol. 144 Issue 5/6, p8
The article discusses the challenges facing the Republic of South Sudan, the newest nation of the world and Africa's 54th state. United Nations General Assembly president Joseph Deiss of Switzerland expresses his satisfaction over the cessation of conflict in Sudan after the U.S. brokered a...
- Hope amid the Social Unrest. // America;3/21/1931, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p565
The author reflects on the idea of not losing hope despite of the social unrest. According to the author, in order to solve economic problems, capital and labor and the employer and the employee must work in order to exemplify that their relations will never be at peace without justice and...
- Chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Philippines Business Forecast Report;2006 1st Quarter, p5
This article presents information on the political situation in the Philippines including forecasts for the future. President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo has rejected a call for snap election in 2007. The opposition members and former cabinet members are calling on the president to resign amid...
- The Contribution of Radical Cultural Practice to a Socialist Alternative. Lingard, Bob; Symes, Cohn // Social Alternatives;Jul85, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p6
The article analyzes the contribution of radical cultural practice to a socialist alternative or to a radical social change in the 1980s. The authors assert that cultural revolution in the 1960s and 1970s sustains the existing condition of the society, and that any progressive social policies in...
- Reviews of professional journals. Czajkoski, Eugene H. // Federal Probation;Dec94, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p68
Reviews the report `Radicalism in Law and Criminology: A Retrospective View of Critical Legal Studies and Radical Criminology,' by Albert P. Cardarelli and Stephen C. Hicks published in the `Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology.'
- Extremism on campus: symbols of hate and hope. // Christian Century;7/15/87 - 7/22/87, Vol. 104 Issue 21, p625
Evan D. Howard, an American Baptist campus minister at the University of Chicago, probes the rise in the incidence of acts against minority groups on college campuses--with gay people being the latest scapegoats. Cites examples of hate toward homosexuals on campuses. Christians at different...
- The center under siege. Buckley, Gail Lumet // America;7/29/1995, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on extremism in the United States. Crack down of right-wing thought-police; Ideologically monolithic extremism; Extremism as issue of conscience; Involvement of ecumenism in the spiritual middle.