Why Not Ask Why?
- Sprinkler Protection in Earthquakes. Lake, James D. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p56
The article discusses the content of the 2007 edition of the National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) Standard 13, which includes the important changes regarding the use of sprinkler piping systems in protecting structural damage during earthquake. Sprinkler systems need to be protected...
- Proper Use of Fire Extinguishers. // Body Bulletin;Oct2002, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p4
Provides tips for proper use of fire extinguishers.
- A tool best left unused. Taylor, Jeff // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Feb97, Vol. 21 Issue 132, p61
Gives directions and tips on how to operate a fire extinguisher. Types of fires; Features of a household portable fire extinguisher; Color-coded pressure gauges; Keeping fire extinguishers in vehicles; Assessment of house for fire hazard. INSETS: Don't keep the home fires burning, by Nestor...
- Holiday home fire safety tips. // Ellis County Press;11/24/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p8
The article offers suggestions from Paul Davis Emergency Services to prevent fire at home during holiday season which includes use of non-combustible decoration, no broken sockets and fire extinguishers.
- Portable fire extinguishers. // Fleet Equipment;May98, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p8
Presents tips for handling and preventing fires. Types of fire identified by the National Fire Protection Association; Why extinguishers work; How to ensure the use of fire extinguishers during a fire.
- LARRY'S SAFETY CLINIC. Kotkowski, Larry // Equipment Echoes;Winter2009, Issue 95, p2
The article offers tips on how to prevent fire hazards in the work area including checking the work area for any hazards before a work starts and having a good fire extinguisher.
- We do not need a schism in Operation Life Safety. Smith, Ed // Contractor Magazine;Jan1997, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on the article written by California State Fire Marshal Ronnie Coleman about the conflict in Operation Life Safety between the fire detection industry and the suppression industry. Issues regarding the detection industry's use of Operation Life Safety in promoting smoke and carbon...
- Fire protection for prestigious development. // Fire;Jan2013, Vol. 105 Issue 1353, p58
The article offers brief information on Automist, a suppression system to satisfy the demands of fire regulations, from Plumis Ltd. which manufacturers fire prevention equipments.
- Triumphant success for International Fire Expo. // International Fire & Security Product News;Jun2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p22
Presents information on the 2003 International Fire Expo in Birmingham, England. Demonstration of the Cobra Cutting Extinguisher; Features of Fivalco & IFI Limited's Rapidrop flexible sprinkler that won an award in the event; Winners of the Fire Safety Engineering Design Award.