Fact and Comment
- Economic Fall Out: More Issues With George. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;8/8/2011, p1
A photograph depicting a fake U.S. dollars published on an Italian magazine which is complaining that how George W. Bush and the U.S. pushed the Economic Mag Bush Dollar bill for the U.S. recovery onto the European, is presented.
- Bush places bet on weak U.S. dollar. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/30/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 23, p43A
Discusses U.S. president George W. Bush's decision not to support a strong U.S. dollar. Exchange ration between U.S. dollar and euro; Effect of the weak dollar on domestic interest rates; Impact of the rising attractiveness of U.S. exports on the economies of other trading partners.
- A DOLLAR FOR YOUR THOUGHTS. Brake, Alan G.; Trollback, Lisa // Print;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on a dollar bill bearing a portrait of U.S. President George W. Bush, designed by Blaine Machan. Number of the Deception Dollar that have been circulated around the world.
- Bush's U.S. dollar policy jeopardizes economy. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/17/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 59, p10A
This article discusses various issues related to dollar policy of the U.S. president, George W. Bush. While the war on terrorism has insulated Bush from confronting critical domestic economic policy issues, the rising voice of economic discontent coming from the foreign trading partners of the...
- Connecting the Dollar's Dots Reveals a Scary Picture. Nolan, John // Metal Center News;Oct2003, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p4
Discusses the effect of the increasing value of the U.S. dollar on the country's steel industry, as of October 2003. Impact of the strong U.S. dollar on steel prices; Benefits of the strong dollar; Recommendations of various economists to the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush in...
- CUBA: De-Dollarization Implemented. Modotti, Alex; Kimer, James T. // NACLA Report on the Americas;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p45
Reports on the de-dollarization plan of Cuban President Fidel Castro to be implemented on November 8, 2005. Benefit of the plan for the country; Business establishments that are prohibited to accept dollars; Reason behind the decision of Castro; Remarks from U.S. President George W. Bush on the...
- Alexander Hamilton Got It Right. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Asia;2/16/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p9
The article presents author's views on the impact of an instable dollar on the current economic slowdown in the U.S. He says that U.S. President George W. Bush's three Treasury chiefs all ignored the fact that volatile money damages business investment. He reflects that dollar instability is...
- Interview With RTR TV of Russia. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/9/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p697
Presents an interview with U.S. President George W. Bush by the RTR TV of Russia on May 29, 2003. Strength of the U.S. dollar; Speculation on the war on terror; Views of Bush on Russia.
- Remarks Following Discussions With Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi of Italy and an Exchange With Reporters. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/20/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 51, p2946
Presents a discussion between U.S. President George W. Bush and Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi with the press held at the White House in Washington, D.C. on December 15, 2004. Opinion of Bush on the proposed private accounts in U.S. social security; Improvement of the balance between...