Opening the gateway
- The Difference School-to-Work Makes. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Sep2001, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p8
No abstract available.
- Here is what we must do at school to get our students ready for work. Brand, Betsy // Hispanic Times Magazine;Mar/Apr1993, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on a school-to-work system in the United States. Preparation of students for getting good jobs; Offer of academic and technical skills to students; Launching of the National Education Goals; Participation of communities in helping students prepare for the move from school to workplace.
- School-to work programs are a vital tool for introducing today's students to the `real world'. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p54
Discusses the significance of school-to-work programs for students. Need to prepare students to the real world of business; Insight on the change in the attitude of teenagers toward learning; Advantages of school-to-work programs.
- Counselors connect with school-to-work resources. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Summer96, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p37
Informs on the services of the National School-to-Work Learning and Information Center, a joint endeavor of the US Departments of Education and Labor. Helping of professional counselors and others implement school-to-work systems; Collection of information.
- School-to-work programs may (or may not) be a source of trainees. // PHC Profit Report;9/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p4
Discusses the importance of school-to-work programs as a source of trainees. Criticism against the joint initative of the US Department of Education and the US Department of Labor in the implementation of the program; Goals for students in school-to-work programs; Key aspect of the program.
- Partners in progress: Early steps in creating School-to-Work systems. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Fall97, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p15
Presents information on school-to-work programs run in the United States and helped by Federal grants. Information on the main purpose of the programs; Details on how they work; Indepth look at how it has been working; Identification of some of the features of the program.
- School-to-work grants. // Tech Directions;Nov95, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p9
Lists the states that will be given funding resources for the establishment of school-to-work grants according to the National School-to-Work Office. Amount of monetary grant.
- A+ certification--a new addition to the school-to-work arsenal. Bonham, Douglas M. // Tech Directions;Aug96, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p36
Reports that the A+ Certification Program may become a fixture in the school-to-work program inspired by the certification process in the microcomputer industry. Strategies in the school-to-work effort; Importance of certification; Development of a computer service curriculum built around A+...
- Direct from Washington. Lewis, Anne C. // Tech Directions;Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on school-to-work programs. Estimated number of students participating in school-to-work programs; Creation of networks among students; Need for a transition system with statistics; Discussion on cooperative education.