An HR director's view
- Private equity opportunities. Johnson, Howard // CMA Management;Nov2007, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p24
The article provides information on the growth of private equity firms in Canada. It cites that private equity firms are competing to secure the opportunity in the investment area and mostly will lay out their investment on websites. The article also offers the private equity capital uses which...
- Private equity firms are hungry for quality companies. PETRYK, ANDREW K. // Smart Business Cleveland;May2013, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p17
The article discusses how private equity firms are looking for quality companies. According to the author, private equity firms continue to be active bidders at the table with the middle market being fertile settings for buying activity. The author adds that motivated sellers with companies that...
- Anatomy of a great deal. KOHL, STEWART // Smart Business Cleveland;Jan2014, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p16
The article discusses how private equity (PE) can help businesses succeed. According to the author, a good PE firm makes companies bigger and better and provides opportunities for wealth creation. The author adds that an excellent PE partner offers focus on growth, full and fair prices, and...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/28/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 26, p16
Presents charts depicting the private equity investments of companies in the U.S. as of June 2004.
- Public disclosure. // Pensions & Investments;12/9/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p10
Focuses on the disclosure of the performance of private equity funds of private equity firms in the U.S. Features of private equity management; Avoidance of disclosing the performance of private equity funds by private firms; Benefits of the disclosure of private equity funds.
- Private equity firms circle Transact. Norman, Tessa // Money Marketing (Online Edition);10/30/2014, p1
The article reports that private equity companies are circling Transact as a sale of the platform.
- FIVE QUESTIONS TO ASK A PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM. // BRW;3/18/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p49
The article presents questions that should be asked to private equity firms including the value that can be added other than capital, involvement in businesses in which the firm invested into, and the size of businesses that the firm invests in.
- In Good Company. // Forbes Asia;Feb2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p31
The article informs about three notable private equity deals involving Gulfstream, Snapple and Kosmos Energy.
- Public vs. Private: Characteristics of the Companies Backed by Listed Private Equity. Sinan Goktan, M.; Ucar, Erdem // Journal of Accounting & Finance (2158-3625);Dec2012, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p11
Listed Private Equity (LPE) is growing as an alternative investment tool for those investors who would want exposure to private equity in their investment portfolios by purchasing public shares of LPEs that are invested in a group of private companies. We analyze the characteristics of the LPEs...