The sort of 'slowdown' that we could all benefit from
- Beyond the fads, Company New takes the path to improvement. Samson, Danny; Challis, David // BRW;04/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p78
Reports on the authors' efforts to find the best managed companies and use their approaches to provide a framework through which managers and others can make decisions, allocate resources and lead their organizations through a competitive environment. Companies implementing new theories without...
- Implementation of Accounting Software as a Support to Company Management. Andric, Mirko; Mijic, Kristina; Jaksic, Dejan; Vukovic, Bojana // TTEM- Technics Technologies Education Management;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p471
Implementation of accounting software provides numerous advantages compared to manual accounting system. It decreases expenses of accounting transaction processing, reduces error risk, increases efficiency of report creation etc. One of the main advantages of accounting software is its...
- The symptoms of and consequences to selection errors in recruitment decisions. Sutherland, M.; Wöcke, A. // South African Journal of Business Management;Dec2011, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p23
The ability to select effective human capital has long been viewed as the bedrock of the human resource function and a driver of organisational success. There is a plethora of literature available on recruitment and selection methodologies but little empirical evidence of the consequences to...
- The six-stage route to company maturity. Churchill, Neil // BRW;11/24/97, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p74
Presents part 8 of an edited series from `The Financial Times,' in London, England on Mastering Enterprise. Author's six-stage model for assessing the skills and resources need as a business develops; Conception and existence; Survival; Profitability/stabilization; Profitability/growth;...
- Group Management, EUROPEAN STYLE. Parks, F. Newton // Business Horizons;Fall66, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p83
Focuses on the practice of collegial management, a version of multiple management, among European companies. Countries adopting the system; Management structure; Variation in the management decision-making process in collegial management; Strengths and limitations of the approach.
- People or robots? KOURY, FRED // Smart Business Columbus;Jul2013, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p4
The author discusses the significance of involvement of employees in the decision making process ought to be realized by business entities by challenging them to come up with new ideas meant for fostering a viable workforce and improving productivity.
- Strategic outsourcing can be powerful medicine. Mariotti, John // Industry Week/IW;04/19/99, Vol. 248 Issue 8, p58
Deals with company outsourcing decisions. Definition of outsourcing; Issues to consider in strategic outsourcing decisions; Words of caution on the practice.
- Making Decisions. Ashcraft, Lisa; Stacher, Barney // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jul2003, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p18
Provides tips in managing a business based on information and intuition. Spectrum of business management decisions; Importance of the statistical analysis of historical market trends; Advise in comparing information.
- CODETERMINATION FOR CONSUMERS? Thorelli, Hans B. // Business Horizons;Aug80, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p3
Comments on the codetermination for consumers. Participation of employees in decision making; Representation of employees in the board of directors; Views of the company on corporation law.