The Need for Adequate Coverage of Oncology Topics in Internal Medicine Journals
- The European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO). // Annals of Oncology;Sep2008 Supplement 8, Vol. 19, p3
The article offers information on the European Society for Medical Oncology. It is considered the leading European non-profit, professional organization for medical oncology that promotes multidisciplinary cancer treatment worldwide. The organization units several entities in preventing cancer,...
- National Cancer Control Programme: Beyond number games. Sarin, Rajiv // Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics;Oct-Dec2005, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p197
The article discusses the achievements of, and the challenges facing, the Indian National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP). The NCCP remains at the periphery of the oncologists' cancer consciousness. Encouraged with few initial successes, the Indian NCCP is poised to penetrate a more challenging...
- oncologist. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1630
A definition of the term "oncologist," which refers to a specialist in oncology, is presented.
- ESMO Education. // Annals of Oncology;Oct2010 Supplement 7, Vol. 21 Issue suppl_7, pvii5
No abstract available.
- Impact of medical specialists' locus of control on communication skills in oncological interviews. Libert, Y; Janne, P; Razavi, D; Merckaert, I; Scalliet, P; Delvaux, N; Etienne, A-M; Conradt, S; Klastersky, J; Boniver, J; Reynaert, Ch // British Journal of Cancer;6/16/2003, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p2004
Presents corrections to the article 'Impact of Medical Specialists' Locus of Control on Communication Skills in Oncological Interviews,' published in the 2003 issue of 'British Journal of Cancer.'
- Introduction: Cancer Prevention and Early Detection--From Thought to Revolution. Jennings-Dozier, Kathleen; Mahon, Suzanne M. // Oncology Nursing Forum;Oct2000 Supplement, Vol. 27, p3
The article discusses the coverage of the present issue, which focuses on the role of oncology nursing in cancer prevention and detection.
- StatBite: Survey: Oncologists on Costs and Treatment. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;11/4/2009, Vol. 101 Issue 21, p1443
This article highlights the results of a September 2008 survey conducted by National Analysts Worldwide on board-certified oncologists regarding the current state and future outlook of their profession including treatment costs.
- A Distinct Difference in Radiation Oncology. // Huntington Quarterly;2012 Leading Edge Supplement, p8
The article focuses on the Radiation Oncology Team at the Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center, which uses their skills in providing the most effective and targeted treatment for cancer.
- SGO releases statement on the current state of gynecologic oncology. // Hem/Onc Today;6/25/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p67
The article discusses the highlights the "Gynecologic Oncology 2010: State of the Subspecialty," released by the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists.