- THE GREYING OF OUR COMMUNITIES WORLDWIDE. Brink, Satya // Ageing International;Winter/Spring97, Vol. 23 Issue 3/4, p13
Discusses major public policy debates on the issue of who is responsible for the care of elderly people and the issue of how income, health, housing and social services be integrated. Role of housing in the quality of life; Discussion on the housing of elderly people; Role of government in...
- HOUSING FACILITIES FOR THE ELDERLY IN INDIA. Ara, Shabeen // Ageing International;Winter/Spring97, Vol. 23 Issue 3/4, p107
Looks at the housing situation of the elderly in India. Background on the population aging in India; Discussion on Families and the care of the elderly; Condition of aged in Indian slums.
- HOUSING AND SERVICE FOR THE ELDERLY IN DENMARK. Lindstrom, Bente // Ageing International;Winter/Spring97, Vol. 23 Issue 3/4, p115
Summarizes the Danish experiences with housing and servicing the elderly in the past. Changing needs in a changing society; Principles which polices on housing, service and care for the elderly are based; Service and care for the elderly.
- HOUSING FOR THE ELDERLY IN TAIWAN. Yao-Rong Hwang // Ageing International;Winter/Spring97, Vol. 23 Issue 3/4, p133
Examines the housing situation of the elderly in Taiwan. Living arrangements for the elderly; Difficulties experienced by multigenerational families in their dwellings; Elderly living in family dwellings; Nursing homes for the elderly.
- HOUSING FOR THE ELDERLY IN THE NETHERLANDS: A CARE PROBLEM. van Egdom, Guus // Ageing International;Winter/Spring97, Vol. 23 Issue 3/4, p165
Examines housing for the elderly in the Dutch context. Link between housing and care; Two visions of aging; Conclusion.
- Health Care REIT Inc. Announces Expansion into Canada. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;2/21/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that Health Care REIT Inc. will partner with the company Chartwell Seniors Housing REIT to own and operate a portfolio of 42 high quality seniors housing and care communities with 8,200 units located in Canada. The portfolio comprises of independent living residences, with...
- `How-to' information on assisted living facilities. // Aging;1993, Issue 365, p66
Focuses on the concept of assisted living and states that it is the topic of a 15-page newsletter issued in 1992 by the National Eldercare Institute on Housing and Supportive Services. The National Eldercare Campaign; The Institute of Housing and Supportive Services which is located at the...
- Tucson-area assisted living centers. // Inside Tucson Business;12/17/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p8
Presents a chart depicting the top assisted living centers in Tucson, Arizona. Specialties of the center; Name of the parent company and administrator; Number of residents; Contact information.
- Eldercare options abound in CNY. Spohr, George // Business Journal (Central New York);2/21/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p1B
Reports on the increasing popularity of assisted-living communities for the elders in New York. Assistance in coordinating residential care and financial stability; Education of families in eldercare options; Services offered to the residents.