- EDITOR'S NOTE. Mollman, Steve // MinnesotaBusiness;May2013, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including remarkable business people, business collaboration of the China based companies with the U.S. markets and annual summit of Social Enterprise Alliance.
- The Determinant Factors of Board Leadership Structure: Working Ability or Succession Plan--Evidence from Chinese Listed Companies. Xie Xiangbing // International Proceedings of Computer Science & Information Tech;2012, Vol. 52, p455
This paper studies the determinant factors of board leadership structure by using the data from the listed companies in China. The study finds that the chief executive officer (CEO) succession plan hypothesis is significantly negative related with the board leadership structure. However, the...
- C2000 members hear ways to keep people. Miodonski, Bob // Contractor Magazine;May2002, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on the employee retention workshop at the Contractors 2000 Super Meeting in March 2002. Strategies in recruiting employees and gaining employee loyalty; Importance of the leadership quality of managers; Benefits of open communication between employees and employers.
- Follow The Leader. Farber, Barry // Entrepreneur;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p150
Explores key areas in which best sales leaders excel. Traits that are transferred to the entire sales team; Approach in recruiting sales people; Amount of time spent with sales people; Rewards in fulfilling the leader role.
- Deadly Leadership Blind Spots. Cottongim, Craig // Concrete Construction;Jan2016, p1
The article focuses on several leadership blind spots. and argues that if an one is having trouble recruiting and retaining good workers, it could be that two major leadership blind spots are hindering the leadership. These are: leaders often expect changes from those they lead that the leader...
- Law firm launches scheme to train leaders. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;6/26/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p9
The article reports on the launch of a management development scheme by British law firm Halliwells to help create future leaders. Eighteen of the firm's 160 partners were chosen to take part in the pilot programme developed by Manchester Business School, which comprises several modules,...
- The Effect of Authentic Leadership on Leader Creativity: The Mediating Role of Creative Process Engagement. Chen Zhao; Zhonghua Gao // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 945-949, p2982
Synthesizing theories of leadership, activity engagement theory, and creativity, this research built and tested a theoretical model linking authentic leadership with leader creativity and the mediating effect of leader's creative process engagement. Using survey data from 400 executives of...
- Time to develop Chinese managers. Guangrong Dai; de Meuse, Kenneth // Recruiter;10/13/2010, p21
The article focuses on the Human Resource (HR) challenges faced by China due to the large scope of globalization. It highlights on the study at Korn/Ferry International about the leadership gaps in China wherein competency rating data of managers and executives throughout the world are compared...
- Leadership through executive education. Moulton, Harper W. // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p7
Several definitions of leadership have been put forth by leading authorities. According to some, leadership is an activity or set of activities, observable to others, that occurs in a group, organization or institution and which involves a leader and followers who willingly subscribe to common...