Offsetting is part of our carbon-cutting diet
- Types of Eco-Theological Ethics: A Response. Reynhout, Kenneth A. // Koinonia;2010, Vol. 22, p93
The article discusses the need for people to rediscover Christian eco-theological ethics. From a Christian perspective, people are committed to ecological responsibility, particularly caring of nature. Details on the proposals that share a common concern for articulating an understanding of...
- LETTERS. MacKinnon, Nick; Hebert, Patrick C. // Backbone;Jul/Aug2008, p6
Letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Acting locally" in the May/June 2008 issue and "Environmental responsibility, when it pays" also in the May/June 2008 issue.
- An Applied Sample Environmental Education for Adults: Water Awareness Education. CAPPELLARO, Evren; ÜNAL ÇOBAN, Gül; AKPINAR, Ercan; YILDIZ, Eylem; ERGİN, Ömer // Journal of Turkish Science Education (TUSED);Jun2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p174
The article presents a study which aimed to help adults to be education on environmental responsibility by bringing solutions to problems with water awareness. It notes that the study uses 22 adults who are working at government offices in Izmir, Turkey. It concludes that activities on water...
- How BIG Is Your Human Footprint. // National Geographic Explorer;Sep2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
The article offers information on human carbon footprint. It explains that human beings leave their footprint when they buy, use and throw away things. An illustration of how big a human footprint can be is given. The efforts adopted by a school in West Virginia, schools in Franklin County,...
- The New Music Fest Model. Karceski, Julie // Our Planet: Weekly Newsletter of E Magazine;8/30/2009, p3
The article reports that music festivals such as Lollapalooza is creating low carbon footprints.
- Ticket to Fly? Christensen, Jen // Advocate;5/6/2008, Issue 1007, p26
The article discusses the use of carbon offsets in combating global warming. It describes carbon offsets which seek to fund green initiatives that offset the pollution caused by flying or driving. It also discusses the importance of transparency when researching the carbon offset industry....
- Back of the House. // Lodging Hospitality;11/1/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p46
The article reports on the key environmental regulations, the AB 32, also known as the California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 that would require hoteliers in California to their carbon footprint emission. The key provisions are to restore the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions to the level...
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Cyprus Country Review;2011, p198
The article presents information on the global environmental conditions, including the growing risk of disertification in Africa, the impact of the dramatic landscape transformation in Western Europe, and the serious concern on the water resource vulnerability in the Middle and Near East.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Czech Republic Country Review;2011, p199
The article presents information on the global environmental conditions including the growing risks of desertification in Africa, the land and soil degradation in the Asia-Pacific region, and the impact of agricultural pesticides on the soil and groundwater in the region.