- Food Protection Management Training Class Available to Food Service. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);1/11/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p4
The article offers information on a two-day Food Protection Management training for food service Managers in Big Country area to be held at Taylor County Extension in Abilene, Texas on February 26 and March 5, 2007.
- Chefs must be trained to meet changes of the 21st century. Van Landingham, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;4/4/94, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p34
Stresses the need to train chefs in order to meet the challenges of the food service industry in the 21st century. Chefs as change agents; Evolution of culinary training and methods; Use of computers; Major impact of science and research; Significance of nutrition; Improvement of techniques for...
- Make your recipes measure up. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p32
Presents the fundamentals of converting recipe measurements for food service managers. Determination of suitability of recipe for volume production; Consideration of food cost and labor requirements; Importance of time factor in recipe; Suitability of available food service equipment;...
- Food processors: Save time & labor. Bendall // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p65
Discusses how food service operators in the United States can save time and labor using food processors. Effect on the shape, size or consistency of the food; Types of processors; Availability in the United States.
- Flat-Out in Love with Flatbread. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Nov2011, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p30
The article discusses flatbreads in the foodservice industry and provides 5 reasons for its increasing popularity. First, flatbread is often mistaken for pizza. It is like pizza but not a pizza. Second, flatbreads are prepared simply and results are sensational. Third, they are versatile....
- TRASH (FISH) TO TREASURE. Moran, Dana // FoodService Director;9/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p18
The article discusses how food service operators offer dogfish as replacement of their traditional salmon recipe.
- Sausage King. Nerenberg, Kate // Washingtonian Magazine;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p142
The article offers information on Jamie Stachowski, a chef who creates the he-man menu at Thirsty Bernie Sports Bar & Grill at the North Glebe Rd. in Arlington, Virginia. It is noted that Stachowski is a man without kitchen, who claims to have worked in 27 restaurants since he was 14. He...
- Battle for burrito supremacy may hit Indy. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p12A
Reports competition among the food service industry in Indianapolis, Indiana. Plans Chipotle to open quick-service chain for burritos; Impact of the plans to the local market; Emphasis on the marketing strategy of companies.
- Computrition Integrates POS, Back Office Programs. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/19/2012, p5
The article reports Computrition's integration of its Foodservice Operations Management (FOM) and SuitePoint Point-of-Sale (POS) products which will allow the accurate forecasting of recipes, ingredients and stock items.