- Make your recipes measure up. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p32
Presents the fundamentals of converting recipe measurements for food service managers. Determination of suitability of recipe for volume production; Consideration of food cost and labor requirements; Importance of time factor in recipe; Suitability of available food service equipment;...
- Food Protection Management Training Class Available to Food Service. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);1/11/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p4
The article offers information on a two-day Food Protection Management training for food service Managers in Big Country area to be held at Taylor County Extension in Abilene, Texas on February 26 and March 5, 2007.
- Chefs must be trained to meet changes of the 21st century. Van Landingham, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;4/4/94, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p34
Stresses the need to train chefs in order to meet the challenges of the food service industry in the 21st century. Chefs as change agents; Evolution of culinary training and methods; Use of computers; Major impact of science and research; Significance of nutrition; Improvement of techniques for...
- Battle for burrito supremacy may hit Indy. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p12A
Reports competition among the food service industry in Indianapolis, Indiana. Plans Chipotle to open quick-service chain for burritos; Impact of the plans to the local market; Emphasis on the marketing strategy of companies.
- Computrition Integrates POS, Back Office Programs. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/19/2012, p5
The article reports Computrition's integration of its Foodservice Operations Management (FOM) and SuitePoint Point-of-Sale (POS) products which will allow the accurate forecasting of recipes, ingredients and stock items.
- back to SCHOOL. Shames, Lisa // Chef Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p19
The article focuses on the creation of three meals a day for the students at Oxbow School, in Napa, California, by chef Tracy Bates. Enthusiasm of Bate's for wholesome foods has been attributed on the years she spent in Greece and on the time she spent working at Alice Waters' Chez Panisse...
- Food processors: Save time & labor. Bendall // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p65
Discusses how food service operators in the United States can save time and labor using food processors. Effect on the shape, size or consistency of the food; Types of processors; Availability in the United States.
- "Take Me Out to the Drive-In. . . ". Driggers, Tim // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Autumn2006, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p68
The article features the three restaurants in South Carolina. The Clock Drive-In is an upstate restaurant serving cheeseburgers, French fries, and hotdog in Greenville. Cherry's CafÃ© is owned by Sandra Dent serving meals in a homemade style in Florence. Juniper is located in a renovated 1880s...
- Flat-Out in Love with Flatbread. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Nov2011, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p30
The article discusses flatbreads in the foodservice industry and provides 5 reasons for its increasing popularity. First, flatbread is often mistaken for pizza. It is like pizza but not a pizza. Second, flatbreads are prepared simply and results are sensational. Third, they are versatile....