HANDLE FINGERPRINTING SENSITIVELY TO AVOID STIRRING UP DISCONTENT
- OPM Breach Snags Five Million Fingerprints. // Credit Union Times;10/7/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p11
The article reports on the number of victims of massive breaches at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management as of June 2015. It highlights the government's effort to inform individuals who are affected by the background investigation of theft and the verification of its quality and completeness....
- Authentication Using Minutiae Based Fingerprint Matching Scheme for Smart Phones. Irene Getzi, S. // International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technolo;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p2937
We live in the era of information explosion and the smartphones are changing the way the information are accessed and processed. The Smartphones are used in a wide range of applications and contains vital information regarding personal and business. As more and more security breaches happening...
- Fingered! Hill, Margaret A. // Odyssey;Oct2007, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p13
The article focuses on the use of a non-living object in spoofing a biometric security device including the use of a stolen fingerprint impression, a photograph, or a recording of the person's voice.
- Scientifically Right, Socially Wrong. Kandaswamy, Deepa // Dataquest;9/30/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p71
The author offers insights on the positive and negative sides of using the Aadhar or UID project in India, which is seen by some people as a way forward to offer the biometric identification card (id). She presents the benefits of the project according to some people, including financial...
- On Good Behaviour. Capps, Robert // Canadian Underwriter;Dec2016, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p44
The article discusses need for passive biometrics and traditional verification solutions to prevent the risk of security breaches and fraud during online shopping. Topics discussed include challenge for retailers and service providers for customer services, the Cyber Risk Intelligence Report...
- Verimetrics Selects Lumidigm Readers for Single Sign-On Solutions. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;3/2/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the selection of Lumidigm's Mercury and Venus fingerprint readers as the preferred biometric platforms of identity and access management firm Verimetrics for its single sign-on solutions for enterprises.
- Fingerprint ID firm widens compatibility. // American Banker;2/9/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 26, p21
Focuses on the alignment of Biometric Identification Inc.'s ridge recognition algorithms and silicon fingerprint verification sensors with the Biometric Application Programming Interface (BAPI).
- Citizens Bank Rolls Out Fingerprint Authentication for Mobile-Banking App. Rombel, Adam // Banking Strategies Daily;8/4/15, p2
The article reports on the addition of a fingerprint authentication system called Touch ID to the mobile banking application (app) provided by Citizens Bank for its clients and mentions a brief description of the app and its benefits.
- Pockets In Swimwear No Longer Necessary. // ISO & Agent Weekly;4/5/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p19
The article reports on the use of fingerprint biometrics from Redwood City, California-based DigitalPerson Inc. in authenticating customer's credit at a tanning-salon in Naples, Florida.