Reforms Refuse To Be Pensioned Off
- Spoleczne i ekonomiczne konsekwencje starzenia sie spoleczenstw a glï¿½wne kierunki reform systemï¿½w emerytalnych w Europie. Polakowski, Michal // Studia BAS;2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p169
This paper covers the issue of demographic changes in European countries and their impact on the state pension systems. This author first discusses the current demographic trends (decreasing fertility, increasing longevity, change of age structure) and their socioeconomic consequences. The next...
- Public Pension Reform in Japan. Okamoto, Akira // Economic Analysis & Policy;2010, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p179
This paper aims to establish guidelines for public pension reform in Japan, using a numerical simulation approach. The paper introduces the example of a minimum guaranteed pension in the Swedish pension system and compares this with the basic pension in Japan's public pension system, with regard...
- Kentucky Lawmakers Move Lexington, State Pension Reform Bills. Sigo, Shelly // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;2/22/2013, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Kentucky General Assembly to introduce bills that will change the state pension measures in the city of Lexington in 2013. It mentions that the reforms will affect the pensions of police and fire employees. According to the author, the reforms were approved...
- VÃ¶llig neuartige Konzeption der Rentenbemessung verwirklicht! // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Sozialreform;feb/mar1957, Vol. 3 Issue 2/3, p33
The author presents a response to pension insurance reform enacted in Germany in 1957. He cautions of possible dangers that the new laws could trigger with regard to currency stability. In addition, he discusses problems pertaining to government subsidies for old age pensions and disability...
- Welfare reforms on hold. // Public Finance;09/11/98, p11
Reports on the likelihood that changes to welfare reform may be deferred because of a backlog of legislation that is to be included in the Queen's speech in 1998 in Great Britain. Possible postponement of the introduction of compulsory savings for second pensions and restricting entitlements to...
- Pensions: The new world of divorce. Brindley, Bernard // Journal of Pensions Management (1462222X);Apr2002, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p228
Describes the situation regarding pensions on divorce in Great Britain following pension sharing as established by the Welfare Reform and Pensions Act 1999. Capital value of pension; Division of capital assets; Complications which stem from the different ages at which the pensions can start.
- Leading questions. Vahey, Rachel // Money Marketing;10/12/2006, p51
The author reflects on the parliament government's reaction towards pension reforms implication in Great Britain. She emphasizes that the leadership arguments is featuring the reform of pension legislation including the State Pension Reform Bill covering personal accounts. She pointed out that...
- Problem May Be Bigger Than Reform Measure. Hughes, Jason // San Diego Business Journal;8/13/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p39
The author discusses the implications of the enactment of the Proposition B pension reform scheme.
- Change the law. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;2/3/2011, p43
In this article, the author reflects on the need for regulatory reform of the pension scheme in Great Britain.