- Satellite renaissance. Casper, Amy C. // Satellite Communications;Aug2000, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6
Discusses broadband access through satellites. How satellite services deliver broadband solutions; Overview of broadband; Developments in the satellite industry.
- Satellite's Golden Egg. McEacher, Ian // Satellite Communications;Aug2000, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p20
Discusses the development of satellite broadband in the United States. Advantage of satellite broadband in the delivery of data; Services offered by the broadband; Potential customers.
- ALPHASTAR LAUNCHES 2-WAY SATELLITE BROADBAND NETWORK VIA GE-5. // Worldwide Videotex Update;Nov2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p1
Reports the launching of TeleCrossing, the first two-way satellite broadband network by Alphastar International in Greenwich, Connecticut. Use of GE-5 satellite to launch TeleCrossing; Plans of TeleCrossing to deploy national servicing; Target market for TeleCrossing; Negotiation with resellers...
- Carpe diem broadbandem. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Broadband;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the satellite bandwidth exchange aimed at reducing the number of idle satellite transponders. Reasons behind the the idleness of satellite operators; Dynamics of the satellite bandwidth exchange; Benefits of online trading of resources.
- High-octane aspirations. Baugh, Christopher // Satellite Broadband;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p50
Forecasts the state of the two-way residential broadband satellite access by 2005. Estimated number of users worldwide by year-end 2000; Percentage of two-way terminals in the entire residential satellite market; Primary factor that drives the growth of broadband satellites.
- Learning to share. O'Shea, Dan // Satellite Broadband;Jun2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the broadband satellite network industry. Products that the satellite companies can offer; Requirements for bandwidth providers; Information on satellite infrastructures.
- Dishing out broadband access in Europe. Baugh, Christopher // Satellite Broadband;Nov2001, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p44
Provides information on satellite-based consumer broadband access and Internet services in Europe. Forecast on the growth of European consumer satellite access market; Basis of forecast on the growth of consumer satellite access market.
- Spotlight on: ND SatCom. // Satellite Broadband;Jan2002, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p26
Announces the design of the Broadband Interactive (BBI) Network Management System for the Ka-Band system from ND SatCom. Technique used by ND SatCom in designing the system; Advantages of the BBI system.
- Demystifying broadband Earth stations. Zilliox, Peter; Tolleson, Joe // Satellite Communications;Jan1999, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the broadband services in satellite communications. Affordable satellite broadband solutions; Service subscriber antenna size considerations; Receive antenna size considerations.