What Do You Mean, Support?
- Local veterans group honors Iraq war vets. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);7/18/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 15, p2A
The article offers information on the Iraq War Welcome Home Parade and Job Fair held in Austin on July 7, 2012 to honor veterans of Iraq War.
- Derek Gavin: National Guard, Iraq. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p13
The article features Iraq war veteran Derek Gavin, who is a member of the Iraqi National Guard.
- Iraqi war vets to be honored. Rupkalvis, David // Graham Leader;6/27/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 91, p1A
The article informs that eight veterans of the Iraq war will be honored during the U.S. Independence Day celebrations in Graham, Young County, Texas.
- Iraq-vet Marine now on wildlife duty in SE Ohio. Kight, Fred // Athens News;3/19/2015, p10
The article announces the appointment of Iraq War veteran, Allen Patton who served in the United States Marine Corps, as the state wildlife officer in the county of Athens by the Department of Natural Resources, Ohio.
- Performance Protest: The Carnival and the Protests Staged by The Iraq Veterans Against the War. Swafford, Brian; Glaser, Chris // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
Rhetorical criticism is the one forensics event that reflects what communication scholars do for a living. And the event provides an opportunity for coaches to teach students about both preparing a speech for competition and taking a rhetorical artifact and analyzing it with a critical eye. ...
- Repairing Bodies, Rebuilding Lives. Golway, Terry // America;2/5/2007, Vol. 196 Issue 4, p8
The author comments on the conditions of wounded war veterans in Iraq who were forgotten by the United States government. According to the author, it is not sufficient to give them recognition on Veterans Day. More than that, they need medical and mental-health care, follow-up treatment, care...
- A Survey of Perceived Barriers and Attitudes Toward Mental Health Care Among OEF/OIF Veterans at VA Outpatient Mental Health Clinics. Garcia, Hector A.; Finley, Erin P.; Ketchum, Norma; Jakupcak, Matthew; Dassori, Albana; Reyes, Stephanie C. // Military Medicine;Mar2014, Vol. 179 Issue 3, p273
The article focuses on a study of U.S. veterans' attitudes and beliefs about mental health treatment and treatment-seeking, as well as perceived patient and institution-level logistical barriers to care. Results indicate that Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom (OEF/OIF) veterans were...
- Fighting Words. Harding, John L. // Phi Kappa Phi Forum;Winter2011, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p9
The article presents a profile of the U.S. Army veteran and honors society Phi Kappa Phi member Travis Martin. Details are given describing Martin's active duty in the Iraq War, his success in academia upon his return, and his work promoting the study of war literature through the Eastern...
- Feedback from recently returned veterans on an anonymous web-based brief alcohol intervention. Lapham, Gwen T.; Hawkins, Eric J.; Chavez, Laura J.; Achtmeyer, Carol E.; Williams, Emily C.; Thomas, Rachel M.; Ludman, Evette J.; Kypri, Kypros; Hunt, Stephen C.; Bradley, Katharine A. // Addiction Science & Clinical Practice;Aug2012, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p1
Background: Veterans of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OEF/OIF) are at increased risk for alcohol misuse, and innovative methods are needed to improve their access to alcohol screening and brief interventions (SBI). This study adapted an electronic SBI (e-SBI) website...