- The Environment of Tomorrow. Caporale, Robert S. // Elevator World;May2008, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p6
The author focuses on the global environmental movement. It is stated that if a particular facility or structure has incorporated enough mechanical, electrical, plumbing and vertical-transportation eco-friendly gadgetry, it can be considered as an environmentally responsible structure. He...
- Sustainable Symantics. Ivanovich, Michael // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p70
The author reflects on the difference of the word green and sustainability as it applies to establishing sustainable buildings. He mentions the way professor James A .Wise defined both words as well as provide further practical example on their meanings. He further affirms that the claim which...
- GREEN SCENE. // Ranger Rick;Sep2010, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p19
The article presents a list of the U.S. cities with the most green buildings, and information for children on how to get their parents to adopt greener lifestyles.
- Eco group seeks tax relief to spur green buildings. Croghan, Lore // Crain's New York Business;03/09/98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p2
Reports that the Environmental Business Association of New York State is requesting support for a bill that would give tax credits to commercial property owners regarding green buildings. Problems encountered in the support of the bill; Details on the proposal; Who the association needs support...
- Sustainability To Be Focus Of Building Trends. // AirGuide Online.com;2/22/2010, p1
The article announces the trends projected to shape the global green building movement.
- Awash in the green debates. Parsons, Bronwen // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Aug2008, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the evolution of LEED and other green building evaluation programs in Canada as well as another on Lee Norton's article on Al Gore's Climate Change Initiative.
- Action Energy launches ads to cut power costs. // Precision Marketing;2/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p2
Discusses the plan of environmental group Action Energy to improve its relationship marketing strategy in Great Britain. Launch of advertising campaign to promote energy efficiency; Assistance of companies to reduce energy costs.
- THE GREEN ALTERNATIVE: A PROGNOSIS FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENTAND ITS MARKETPLACE IMPACT. Kangun, Norman; Grove, Stephen J.; Kilbourne, Williams E. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1991, Vol. 2, p233
Examines the potential effect of the Green movement on marketing practices in the United States. Background on the emergence of the movement; Impact of politics and tradition on the development of environmental action groups; Efforts in upholding ecological values.
- EVALUATING THE "GREEN" IN GREEN BUILDING PRODUCTS. Hucal, Michelle Clark // Environmental Design & Construction;Jun2004, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p6
Discusses tools that are available for product and material evaluation that can be used to specify the most appropriate green building products. Availability of the Building for Environmental and Economic Sustainability (BEES) software, which measures the environmental performance of building...