LIFE WITHOUT CABLE
- Talk back to your TV. Figueroa, Hector Berrios // Caribbean Business;11/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p20
Reports on the interactive television (iTV) in Puerto Rico. Expansion of cable networks on Internet access services in the competitive market; Date of the launching of Liberty Cablevision on interactive television services; Effort of DirecTV on interactive services.
- SPAIN SEA CHANGE. Hopewell, John // Variety;3/26/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 6, p20
This article reports that Sogecable, Spain's major pay television operator, is in talks with several Spanish Internet TV operators to license its premium sports/movies payweb Canal Plus. A discussion is presented about recent changes in the television industry and Sogecable's plans for the future.
- TV Everywhere Picks Up Speed. // Multichannel News;9/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 35, p2
The article reports on the approaches of cable televisions toward TV Everywhere, the authentication services for online television (TV) and video services. It states that Cablevision Systems Corp. has partnered with Turner Broadcasting System Inc. to offer access to the programmer's full package...
- VOICE - MEDIA. // Warsaw Voice;Aug2013, Issue 8, p23
The article offers news briefs from Poland as of August 2013. The European Commission and Japan have jointly launched the research project Strauss to make the Internet 5,000 times than the current average rate in Europe. According to Dublin-based research firm Research and Markets, one billion...
- IPTV systems. Szucs, Paul // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Jun2009, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p10
The article offers information on the Open Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) Forum (OIPF) that was officially launched in March 2007 by eight founding member companies. It mentions the publishing of the OIPF Release 1 specifications which describe an end-to-end solution that will allow any...
- The cord cutter's triple-play. // Consumer Reports;May2014, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p27
The article discusses how consumers can recreate their triple-play bundle packages that include Internet, phone, and cable service from their telecommunication (telecom) providers by canceling all services but Internet, with a focus on whether it can save consumers money as of May 2014....
- 'TV Everywhere' may shine light on cable's weak spot. // Advertising Age;3/9/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p10
The author offers opinions on "TV Everywhere," a television broadcasting proposal by television executive Jeff Bewkes which would give Internet television Web sites such as Hulu access to cable television programs. The proposal is seen as damaging to cable television. That industry's business...
- IPTV SUBSCRIBER GROWTH SLOWS. HAMAKER, CHRISTIAN // Rural Telecom;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the slow growth of the number of subscribers of Internet Protocol television (IPTV) in the U.S. due to the economic conditions in the country in the third quarter of 2009.
- ANALYST: 'TV EVERYWHERE' CABLE'S ONLINE ANTIDOTE TO FREE SITE HULU. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;11/2/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p11
The article focuses on a report from New York-based research company Light Reading on the threat posed by online repurposed television show aggregator Hulu to cable operators. The report claims that the free site is prompting cable operators to speed up the development of TV Everywhere....