BBA relief campaign: Time to get community involved
- AHA says president's deficit reduction plan is too tough on both health care and jobs. // AHA News;9/26/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the claim by the American Hospital Association (AHA) in mid-September 2011 that the proposal by U.S. President Barack Obama to reduce Medicare by 248 billion dollars and Medicaid by 72 billion dollars in 10 years will adversely affect both health care and jobs. The...
- Keeping promises of care. // AHA News;1/22/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p4
No abstract available.
- Groups propose options to huge Medicare cuts. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;7/17/95, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p1
Presents American Hospital Association's (AHA) option to trim Medicare spending. Advocy of a two-step process in trimming Medicare spending; Creation of an independent commission to help lawmakers on fundamental program changes; Issues on age for eligibility to the program; Support for an...
- Rekindling Medicare's hope and promise. Davidson, Dick // AHA News;06/10/96, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p2
Editorial. Comments on the financial depletion of Medicare. Arguments on how to extend the life of Medicare; Proposal made by the American Hospital Association for the creation of an independent commission to make decisions concerning Medicare; 30th anniversary of Medicare on July 1, 1996.
- Naming casualties. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;05/10/99, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p6
Reports that the American Hospital Association advertising campaign aims to show the impact of Medicare spending restraints on local hospitals. Groups taking part in the lobbying-advertising campaign; How Schoolcraft Memorial was used for the campaign; Advertising spending.
- Congress goes home to Medicare debate. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;8/14/95, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p1
Focuses on issues on concerning Medicare and Medicaid spending cuts. Warnings about the threat posed by proposed cuts in spending from Saint Raphael Healthcare System officials and House Representative Rosa DeLauro from Connecticut; American Hospital Association's support for a bill to set up a...
- Medicare loss cause for alarm; Medicaid slowdown may be a `blip'. Aston, Geri // AHA News;11/04/96, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the new fiscal year 1996 government spending for Medicare and Medicaid. Treasury Department data; Medicare's hospital trust fund; Solution to the Medicare crisis; Important aspects of the Republican plan that would slow Medicare growth by 168 billion dollars by 2002.
- Another week, another snag in budget talks. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;1/22/96, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the delay in the budget talks on the appropriations for Medicare and Medicaid. Closets financial deal between the White House and Republican negotiators; Specifics on the appropriations plan of the two groups; Impact on the health industry on the plans of the Republicans.
- Medicaid, Medicare spending growth slower than expected. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;8/26/96, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the projected federal spending for Medicaid and Medicare in fiscal 1996. Slower-than-expected growth; Factors behind the slow spending growth.