- COMMENT. Mason, Mark // Marketing (00253650);8/17/2000, p58
Focuses on the need for marketing companies to delegate responsibilities to new employees. Introduction of a sense of ownership and the promise of long-term rewards; Exposure of employees to clients.
- Class in Never Dismissed. Dunlap, Dennis // Marketing Management;Winter2000, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p64
Discusses the significance of ongoing education in a person's marketing career. How marketers can make a lifelong plan of professional development; Resources for continuing education.
- Fast Forward broadens skills. Smith, Craig // Marketing (00253650);11/22/2001, p19
Focuses on the Fast Forward, a training course offered to broaden the skills of young marketers in Great Britain. Consideration of executives from communication industry as the trainees; Names of the senior-level speakers; Details on the training course process. INSET: NABS PERSPECTIVE..
- COULD YOU PASS THE TEST? // Advertising Age;3/24/2014, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p47
The article looks at marketing communication company WPP's international fellowship program as of 2014, describing the application process for fellowship candidates and including sample essay questions from the application.
- Human capital investment: Higher educational and on-the-job training of the marketing practitioner. de W. Bruwer, Johan; Haydam, Norbert E. // South African Journal of Business Management;Jun96, Vol. 27 Issue 1/2, p1
Analyzes the relationship between the formal training that marketing practitioners receive at higher educational institutions and on-the-job (OJT) training they receive from businesses employing them. Job functions; Job specifications; Human capital theory; Occupations requiring no investment...
- EVENTS. // Marketing News;Feb2014, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p73
A calendar of events of interest to marketing professionals for March and April 2014 is presented, including the American Marketing Association (AMA) Marketing Workshops, the International Collegiate Conference, and the Harness the Power of Gamification in Your Marketing Strategy workshop.
- Is too much training bad for you? Simms, Jane // Marketing (00253650);7/29/1999, p20
Focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of too much training in the marketing community in Great Britain. Chartered Institute of Marketing's awarding of chartered status to members or fellows with continuous professional development; Need for training of more generalists with marketing...
- Sainsbury's opens up trainee management scheme to 250 people. Phillips, Beth // Grocer;3/23/2013, p54
The article reports on the opening of a trainee management initiative by Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd. in Great Britain in 2013.
- THE QUALITY TRAIN IS LEAVING AND MARKETERS ARE NODDING OFF IN THE CLUB CAR. Locander, William B.; Goebel, Daniel J. // Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice;Summer96, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1
In the wake of the most dramatic business revolution to occur since the industrial revolution, marketers and the marketing profession are being left behind as the Quality train pulls out of the station. No longer can marketers profess their devotion to satisfying customer needs and expect that...