Pitfalls in designing trials of functional dyspepsia: the ascent and demise of itopride
- Mylanta joins H2 mix. // Drug Store News;1/6/97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p11
Announces the launching of the drug Mylanta AR in the United States for heartburn and acid indigestion.
- `Keyhole' Surgery Can Stop Indigestion. // USA Today Magazine;Feb99, Vol. 127 Issue 2645, p4
Presents information on key hole surgery as treatment for heartburn. How Toupet Fundoplication is performed; How Toupet wrap works; Benefits of the technique.
- Pharmacies offer new antacid, antigas relief for holidays. Levy, Sandra // Drug Topics;11/6/2000, Vol. 144 Issue 21, p42
No abstract available.
- Care and feeding of hangovers. // Men's Health;Dec97, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p140
Discusses the effects of over-the-counter heartburn and indigestion remedies of hangovers. Drugs that are sources of aspirin.
- The efficacy of itopride in the treatment of functional dyspepsia. Chojnacki, Cezary; Wachowska-Kelly, Patrycja; Jałocha, Waldemar; Rudnicki, Cezary // Gastroenterologia Polska / Gastroenterology;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p51
Introduction: Itopride blocks peripheral dopamine D2 receptors and inhibits acetylcholine activity in the gastrointestinal tract and thus has a prokinetic effect. Aim of the study: Assessment of itopride efficacy in the treatment of functional dyspepsia. Material and methods: In own study,...
- Effect of Itopride Hydrochloride on the Ileal and Colonic Motility in Guinea Pig In Vitro. Hyun Chul Lim; Young Gyun Kim; Jung Hyun Lim; Hee Sun Kim; Hyojin Park // Yonsei Medical Journal;6/30/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p472
Purpose: Itopride hydrochloride (itopride) inhibits acetylcholinesterase (AChE) and antagonizes dopamine D2 receptor, and has been used as a gastroprokinetic agent. However, its prokinetic effect on the small bowel or colon has not yet been thoroughly investigated. The aim of this study was to...
- MAKE OVER YOUR medicine cabinet. // All You;7/28/2012 Special Issue, p32
The article suggests several medications that are necessary to stockpile for the summer season to deal with various unwanted health complications. It refers to antacid drugs that are found to be effective in minimizing indigestion, heartburn and gastric problems. It beneficial usage of sunscreen...
- Sorting Out the Options for Self-Treatment of Heartburn and Dyspepsia. Weart, C. Wayne // Pharmacy Today;Nov2006, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p55
The article focuses on the appropriate options for heartburn and dyspepsia self-treatment among the patients in the U.S. It describes the pathophysiology of both diseases. It offers the criteria which are used to differentiate patients who are candidates for self-treatment from those to be...
- A stomach digest. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Oct94, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p2
Presents information about indigestion, heartburn, and nausea and vomiting. Manifestations; Home remedies; Causes; Treatment for children.