- APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY IN THE UK. // Home Energy;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p50
The article reports on the winners of Ashden Awards, an award given for sustainable energy, including Isle of Eigg, Heritage Trust and Northwards Housing in Great Britain.
- Clean Energy for Crimea. Roth, Rhys // Earth Island Journal;Winter2001-2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the 2001 international conference in Ukraine aimed at making Crimea, a regional leader in clean energy. Role of Ukraine in the global warming puzzle; History of Crimean Association for Ekologiya i Mir; Climate Solutions' approach to promoting renewable energy; Key to achieving the...
- Letting the defences down. Wills, Dixe // Green Futures;Jul2010, Issue 77, p7
The article cites the announcement made by Delta Programme Commissioner concerning the plan to spend one billion a year from 2010 to ensure the safety and environmental wellbeing of the south-west region of the Netherlands.
- LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT. // Conservation Matters;Spring2014, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including environmental challenges in New England, issues related to clean water, and renewable energy projects.
- Staples On EPA Decision. Staples, Todd // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);8/13/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p9
The author reflects on the decision of the Environmental Protection Agency concerning agriculture and renewable fuel.
- Top 10 EPA Fortune 500Â© Green Power Partners. // Corporate Knights Magazine;Spring2014, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p11
A chart is presented that shows the Top 10 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Fortune 500 Green Power Partners, along with data on their annual green power usage, percentage of total electricity use, organization type and green power resources, including semiconductor company Intel...
- Green companies can reap rewards. Leondakis, Niki // Nation's Restaurant News;7/28/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 29, p26
The author points the efforts of the restaurant industry in the U.S. to go green. According to the author, going green is an ongoing process that continually challenges businesses to generate greater efficiencies, reduce waste and expand their capacity to use renewable energy sources. The...
- EDITOR'S NOTE:. Drummond, Mike // Inventors' Digest;May2008, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p7
The editor reflects on his decision to sell his Ford Ranger truck as part of a month-long social experiment to reduce his carbon footprint. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the typical passenger vehicle in the country emits about 5.5 metric tons of carbon dioxide a year....
- Audubon View. Flicker, John // Audubon;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p13
The author focuses on advocating energy and environmental issues to the U.S. government, led by President-elect Barack Obama. He mentions that during the presidential campaign, Obama highlighted key environmental issues, including cap-and-trade legislation to address climate change, extending...