How I made a difference at work
- The governance myth. James, David // BRW;7/15/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p98
Offers advice on corporate governance in Australia. Management shortcomings at National Australia Bank; Impact of accounting stringency on public companies; Problems attached to letting accountants solve management issues.
- Everybody's talking aboutâ€¦ attracting youth into print. Allott, Steve // Printing World;Aug2006, Vol. 304 Issue 11, p5
The article presents the opinion of two executives on the process of attracting young people into the printing industry. The financial director of Statexcolourprint explains that the company prefers apprenticeship programs. She also believes that employees should have close liaison with...
- News. // Adults Learning;Jan2000, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p4
Presents news on adult learning in Great Britain as of January 2000. `Third Age Apprenticeships' for individuals over fifty years old; Launching of the Access Advisory Partnership on 27 January 2000; Information on the Center for Research in Lifelong Learning in Scotland.
- National Australia invites pitch. // Advertising Age;1/3/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p33
Reports on the companies invited to pitch for Sydney's National Australia Bank Group's $5 million account. Direct marketing and advertising business in Asia; Decision date.
- Mixed reports. // BRW;2/19/96, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p85
Reports on developments related to the National Australia Bank's move to produce quarterly reports.
- Australian bank installs global custody system. // American Banker;4/21/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 76, p13
Reports on the installation of a global custody system in National Australia Bank. Features of the securities processing and cash management; Support for the bank's reengineering efforts.
- Training news. // Personnel Today;10/15/2002, p4
Presents news briefs related to personnel management in Great Britain Published in October 2002 issue of the 'Personnel Today.' Scheme launched by the Royal Navy to develop modern apprenticeships for its engineers; National Special Achievement award received by a central heating engineer; Pilot...
- FIVE MINUTES WITH. // FM World;1/30/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p17
The article discusses Mitie Technical Facilities Management Managing Director Pete Mosley's tips regarding team management including the benefits of promoting through the ranks, investing in training young people, and the necessity of having an apprentice scheme.
- Apprentice scheme for Southern Co-op. Phillips, Beth // Grocer;9/1/2012, p49
The article announces the launch of an apprenticeship scheme for Southern Co-operatives staff in Great Britain to allow customer service assistants and team leaders gain a Business & Technology Education Council (BTEC) qualification and develop opportunities to progress into management positions.