ON PREPARING FOR THE ADVENT OF NUCLEAR POWER
- A nuclear and sustainable energy reading list. Mian, Zia; Ramana, M. V. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov2009, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p78
Seminal texts that cover the merits, costs, and risks of nuclear power and also explore sustainable non-nuclear energy options.
- View from the Headquarters. Messaoudi, Ilham // Military Technology;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p6
In this article, the author discusses the danger of nuclear power plants and their severe consequences to people and environment worldwide.
- Nuclear Havoc. Goldsmith, Zac // Ecologist;Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p434
Editorial. Discusses problems associated with nuclear energy. Nuclear plant disaster in Japan; Discovery of a secret nuclear plant in Derby, Great Britain; Emergencies suffered by Aldermaston, manufacturer of British nuclear warheads.
- An Integral Part of the Community. Holden, Tammy; Young, Garry // Nuclear Plant Journal;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p24
The article presents questions and answers including how Entergy Corp.'s James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant created a favorable public opinion for the renewal of its license, the top most environmental issue presented by the public and how it resolved the concerns they raised, and how...
- Plants with Rigorous Aging Management Culture. Fallin, Mike // Nuclear Plant Journal;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p29
The article presents questions and answers on how Constellation Energy created a favorable public opinion for the renewal of Nine Point Nuclear Power Plant license, the top most environmental issue presented by the public and how the power plant operator resolved the public's concerns about the...
- Producing Nuclear Power. Childress, Vincent W. // Technology Teacher;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses the production of nuclear power to address increasing energy demands in the U.S. While environmental issues related to traditional fossil fuels, energy demands are expected to double by 2050. Although nuclear energy production does not produce greenhouse gases, a major...
- Nuclear Power and the Energy Crisis. Hodgson, P. E. // Modern Age;Summer2008, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p238
The article presents an essay providing an in-depth examination into the application of nuclear power to the solution of the 21st century global energy crisis. Discussion is offered analyzing the capacity, reliability, cost, safety, and environmental impact of nuclear energy facilities....
- LETTERS. // America;11/23/1974, Vol. 131 Issue 16, p310
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Nuclear Suicide," by Rosalie Bertell in the October 26, 1974 issue, "Helping the Hungry," by Mary K. Lally and "Do-er's Profile" in the November 2, 1974 issue.
- You are leaving a nuclear-free zone. Satchell, Michael // U.S. News & World Report;05/21/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 20, p38
Focuses on interest which has been reawakened in the nuclear power industry. Risks of nuclear fission as a power source; Interest in refurbishing existing plants and building new ones; New technology which may be safer and more efficient; Problems of disposing of spent uranium fuel.