Take a Bite Out of Apple
- A Trick of the Tail. Adams, Michael // Communications Technology;Oct2008, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p14
The author discusses the concept of long tail theory which states that as choice increases, people will tend to express their natural diversity by making more individual and personalized choices. He cites that Apple Inc.'s iTunes and Netflix Inc. are emerging as potential examples of the long...
- Japan's Largest Cable TV Provider Selects AuthenTec DRM Fusionâ„¢ Content Protection Solution for New Video On Demand Services. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Jun2012, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p7
The article offers information on the collaboration of AuthenTec Inc. with Jupiter Telecommunications Co. Ltd. in order to provide Video On Demand(VOD) services of J:COM, a cable operator, to 2.5 million cable subscribersin Japan. It reports that J:COM will use downloadable DRM Fusion software...
- Making the Most of VoD. Nelson, Man // Communications Technology;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p48
The article focuses on emerging technologies like Video on demand (VoD). Video on demand (VoD) is poised to be a major service differentiator between cable and the competition. Direct broadcast satellite currently lacks the back channel for true two-way interactive services. Telephone companies...
- In labs, on to field trials. // Communications Technology;Aug2006, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on the challenges that Imagine Communications will have to face in its operations and product releases. A vendor employee from another company stresses that clamping is significant to make a program have a deterministic amount of bandwidth. Moreover, cable operators can...
- Patent Application Ties Apple To NFC. // ISO & Agent Weekly;8/22/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p3
The article presents information on a recent patent application of Apple Inc. for digital content gifting and speculation on how Apple would develop Near Field Communication technology.
- Martin Werth: Protection lessons from retail's finest. Werth, Martin // Money Marketing (Online Edition);5/28/2015, p1
The article offers the author's insights about the success of Apple Inc. to become the largest company of the world.
- Comcast, Verizon get app happy. // CED;Aug2009, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the business strategy of Comcast Corp. and Verizon in the mobile handset market in the U.S. It says that Comcast has offered triple-plat subscribers a free mobile application that can be downloaded to an iPhone or iPod Touch via Apple Inc.'s App Store. Meanwhile, Verizon...
- Telephones Leap into the 21st Century. Weber, Richard M. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jul2007, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p38
The article discusses technological advances related to the telephone. Telephony has evolved through the merging of all of today's communication technologies into the field of telephones. The author discusses some of these technologies, including a service from Accessline that gives users one...
- VOD deployments. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p96
Presents a chart depicting video-on-display deployments in the U.S.