Stop the world -- we all need some time off for learning
- VALUE OF LEARNING. // People Management;5/17/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p47
The article offers information on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) tool called the value of learning. Members looking for help in assessing and reporting on the value of learning in their organizations will be helped by the tool. It is designed to help practitioners...
- Thrills and spillovers. Philpott, John // People Management;11/25/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p27
Highlights the issues discussed during the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development national conference about personnel management. Analysis on the concept of human resource (HR) management; Reason for the ineffectiveness of organizations; Implication of HR management on public policy.
- HR is urged to broaden its skill sets. Hope, Katie // People Management;9/29/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p9
The article states that HR people must gain experience of other business departments to survive for continual change and reorganization, according to the research by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Professor Richard Whittington says that HR people need to become...
- The conference value pack. DiVito, Lisa // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Presents an overview of the events that form part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) development strategy. Details of a conference on learning and development; Actions taken by the CIPD to ensure that the events match the customers' needs; Aim of the events.
- Inside the box. Purcell, John; Kinnie, Nick; Hutchinson, Sue; Rayton, Bruce // People Management;10/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p30
Presents information on a research commissioned by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development on a link between the way people are managed and business performance in Great Britain. Methodology used; Challenges faced by several human resource (HR) organizations; Implications for the...
- Institute comes under fire for the value it adds to HR. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p18
Reports on the opinion of several human resources (HR) managers on role of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in development of HR in Great Britain. Lack of quality in HR events organized by CIPD compared to other institution; Failure of the institute for providing...
- Support for CIPD as the debate on its role continues to rumble. Sloman, Martyn; Stewart, Jim; Comer, Sarah; Pryce, Tirion // Personnel Today;3/18/2003, p16
Focuses on the services provided by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. Need to challenge the claim of CIPD on lack of access to its research programmes; Availability of research information on website; High charges for availing the services of the CIPD...
- Winning ways. // People Management;Oct2011, p7
The author considers the entries for human resources (HR) practices, judged for the annual Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards, to be revealed on October 11, 2011.
- Gibraltar HR first to up its game with certificate. Churchard, Claire // People Management;5/20/2010, p8
The article reports that some human resource (HR) professionals in Gibraltar took the Certificate in HR Practice (CHRP), a qualification being offered by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in 2010.