Ask Hans: What impact will the downturn in the residential market have on the commercial/institutional/industrial market in the short term?
- Intelligent Evolution. Woodwell, Jamie; Reid, Diana // Mortgage Banking;Jul2007, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p40
The article presents case studies that highlight the diverse servicing roles and business objectives held by the commercial and multifamily mortgage loan industries in the U.S. Reports note advantageous market conditions for the commercial and multifamily finance sectors that are partly...
- THE LIST. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/19/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p26
Two tables are presented that provide information on the ranking of commercial real estate brokers and mortgage lenders in Nevada in 2008.
- Financing Commercial Real Estate in Alaska. Barbour, Tracy // Alaska Business Monthly;Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p34
The article reports on the strong performance of the financing commercial real estate industry in Alaska in 2013. It mentions that the commercial real estate industry in the region is composed of any type of property that is available to be used for investment or business purposes. According to...
- Fed Sees Loser CRE Underwriting. // National Mortgage News;5/23/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p11
Describes banks' commercial real estate lending underwriting standards. Changes in standards for residential mortgages; Data from the Federal Reserve senior loan officer opinion survey; Changes in foreign branches.
- Commercial Lending Volume Remains Flat. Valley, Matt // National Real Estate Investor;Sep2002, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p37
Reports the factors influencing the decline in the loan volume in commercial real estate in the U.S. Volatility of the stock market; Lack of terrorism insurance; Deterioration of the real estate fundamentals.
- Survey Finds Banks Are More Optimistic About Commercial. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // National Mortgage News;8/5/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p23
Reports the findings of a survey of commercial real estate lending officers at banks in the U.S., conducted by Bridger Commercial Funding in August 2002. Outlook for the commercial real estate loan portfolios of banks in 2002; Status of credit standards and underwriting standards at financial...
- NYC loan plague: help on the way? AGOVINO, THERESA // Crain's New York Business;12/6/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p12
The article reports that the number of New York City commercial properties with loans which entered special servicing increased by 80% in 2010.
- Wexford Offers 'Single-Tenant' Loans. // National Mortgage News;04/09/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p6
Introduces the mortgage loan product for commercial real estate offered by the Wexford Bancgroup in Chicago, Illinois.
- COUNTRYWIDE ENTERS COMMERCIAL MORTGAGE MARKET. // Mortgage Banking;May2004, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p105
Reports on the formation of the Countrywide Commercial Real Estate Finance Inc. as a commercial lending unit of Countrywide Financial Corp. in Calabasas, California. Recruitment of a team of principals from Coastal Capital Partners LLC. to lead the unit; Disclosure on the names of the selected...