Going 'Green' in the Security Industry
- Eco claims backed up with hard facts. Defries, Melanie // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);11/11/2011, p19
The article reports on the initiative of printing company Mastercolour PLC to reduce its environmental impact, boost efficiency, and attract clients in Turnbridge Wells, England. It states that the company has tried to differentiate itself with competitors to add business value and improve...
- STANDARDS AND CONSULTING SISTEMS USED BY ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT. Lozan, Cristina // Annals of the University of Craiova, Economic Sciences Series;2008, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p2425
Even though in this moment an exact response to the environment crisis can not be given, the economy tends to assume a fundamental role in its administration, by: rational utilization of the resources, the forethought of some costs and damages to the environment, establishing and respecting the...
- Raising the Bar. Roberts, Jode // Alternatives Journal (AJ) - Canada's Environmental Voice;2008, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p19
The article focuses on the work done by the charitable organization, Ecojustice, to promote environmental protection and sustainable design. Ecojustice, which was founded in 1990, is funded by donations from supporters in Canada. The primary objective of Ecojustice is to ensure that governments,...
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Madagascar Country Review;2011, p224
The article offers information on international environmental associations, agreements, and conventions including Climate Change Summit in Copenhagen, Convention on Environmental Impact Assessment in a Transboundary Context, and Convention on Long-Range Transboundary Air Pollution.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Bulgaria Country Review;2010, p111
The article highlights the global environmental forecasts of Africa, Asia and the Pacific and Central Asia.
- Apartheid's dirty legacy. Armstrong, Sue // New Scientist;9/10/94, Vol. 143 Issue 1942, p6
Reports on the assessment of South Africa's environmental problems by Canada's International Development Research Center. Overcrowding in the homelands reserved for black people which led to the plundering of natural resources; Lack of formal plans to provide proper housing or services in the...
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Syria Country Review;2013, p252
The article offers information on global environmental conditions.
- Preface. McDonald, Michael E. // Environmental Monitoring & Assessment;Sep2000, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p1
Presents a preface to the September 1, 2000 issue of the journal "Environmental Monitoring and Assessment."
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Bahrain Country Review;2010, p112
The article discusses the global environmental concepts including the global warming and greenhouse gases, air pollution, and ozone depletion.