Tasers in medicine: an irreverent call for proposals
- New Taser Designed For Wildlife Control. Sutton, Keith // Cabela's Outfitter Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p9
The article informs that a three-shot, semi-automatic stun gun called the Taser Wildlife Electronic Control Device (ECD) has been unveiled by Taser International of Scottsdale, Arizona, to incapacitate large animals such as bears, moose and deer.
- Taser weapons sales heat up. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/11/2014, pA02
After announcing a group of orders for its Axon body-worn cameras earlier this month,
- Stunning news for miscreants. // Engineer (00137758);4/18/2003, Vol. 291 Issue 7625, p5
No abstract available.
- Taser Cams. Steigerwald, Lucy // Reason;Jun2012, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p13
The article presents information on the Axon Flex camera developed by Amnesty International, which are stun guns fitted with miniature cameras, and will now be used by the U.S. police instead of Taser International Inc.'s stun guns.
- Taser orders keep coming. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/18/2015, pA02
The article offers information on the continuous increasing demand of next-generation Smart Weapons as announced by Taser, maker of stun guns and body cameras for law enforcement.
- A lethal imperative. Marks, Paul // New Scientist;12/17/2005, Vol. 188 Issue 2530, p20
The article focuses on the views of the author about the development of nonlethal weapons. At first glance, developing weapons that incapacitate without killing seems a worthy goal. But a worrying number of devices may not be quite as non-lethal as potential victims might hope for. The Taser...
- Taser camera sales soar 112%. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/31/2013, pA02
Stun gun and camera maker
- Use only as defence and have medical care ready. Marks, Paul // New Scientist;8/29/2009, Vol. 203 Issue 2723, p20
The article reports on the controversies surrounding Taser International's stun gun. Amnesty International alleged that Taser's stun gun has caused death in 330 people in North America. However, lawsuits filed against Taser alleging wrongful death have been dismissed by U.S. courts. Meanwhile,...
- Taser guns 'raised deaths in custody'. // New Scientist;1/31/2009, Vol. 201 Issue 2693, p17
The article reports on the results of a survey which indicate that sudden deaths among people held by police in California increased sixfold in the first year after police departments there began using Taser stun guns. The researchers compared death rates in custody in the five years before and...