Baseball VOD: Home Run
- Indians ready to score with Comcast, Brighthouse deal. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the initiatives of Indian baseball team officials to bring 72 home games on cable television networks in Indianapolis, Indiana. It states that Indians have signed a deal to put baseball games on Comcast and Brighthouse cable television networks. It notes that part of the...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.
- Ganging up on sports fees. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the impact of increased sports-programming cost on the cable television broadcasting of sports events in the U.S. Reference to the failure of Cablevision Systems to carry Yankees Entertainment & Sports; Subscribers lost by Cablevision due to the conflict; Involvement of ESPN.
- Empire Building. Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p18
Features cable television networks in the U.S. vying for more cable-subscribing sports fans. Percentage of Action Sports Cable Network's production that is high definition; Two branded sports networks of Comcast SportsNet; Amount that Empire Sports Network pays per year to air the hockey games.
- Big Events Could Boost TV Everywhere's Fortunes. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p3
The article reports that important events such as the 2014 World Cup could improve the acceptance of the TV Everywhere service whose adoption has been affected by problems related to authentication, rights issues and the difficulties experienced by consumers in accessing the service.
- ESPN Goes Hollywood With Awards Show. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);7/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p20
Focuses on the efforts of cable television station ESPN to bridge the gap between sports and entertainment. Information on the station's ESPY Awards ceremony, which was hosted by actor Samuel L. Jackson; Discussion of the potential pitfall of the ESPN strategy; Household ratings of the ESPY...
- Battle gets nasty for eyes and ears of sports junkies. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;4/14/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 15, ps18
Discusses the status of sports cable networks in 1997. The rivalry between ESPNews and CNNSI; The Fox Sports Net; The plans for American Sports Classics; The lawsuits that have resulted from the competition; The ratings.
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...