Muslim Success Story
- Political Conditions. // Albania Country Review;2012, p9
The article provides an overview of the political condition of Albania including the victory of Sali Berisha's Democratic Party in the March 1992 parliamentary elections, national reconciliation and unity, market economic and democratic reforms.
- Albania passes model law against LGBT discrimination. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;2/11/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p11
The article reports on the effort of Prime Minister Sali Berisha to defend the LGBT discrimination issue in Albania.
- Trials and Tribulations. PIKAL, KAMIL; VINŠ, P...EMYSL // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Autumn2005, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p34
Discusses significant events in the history of Albania since 1990. Foundation of the Democratic Party of Albania, the country's first opposition party, in December 1990; Democratic rule that resulted from the ousting of Enver Hoxha's Stalinist successor Ramiz Alia in 1991; Widespread protests...
- PRIME MINISTERS OF MACEDONIA AND ALBANIA MEET, BUSINESS FORUM HELD IN TIRANA. // Macedonian Diplomatic Bulletin;Nov2012, Issue 67, p3
The article offers information on a business meeting held in Tirana on November 23, 2012, where Nikola Gruevski and Sali Berisha, the Prime Ministers of Macedonia and Albania, expressed their commitment to respecting rights and liberties of minorities in both countries.
- West presses Albania to bury ghost of elections past. // Regional Today;06/21/2013, p5
The article reports that Western diplomats are warning of voter coercion during the conduct of Albania's election on June 23, 2013 amid concerns that the country will again fail to deliver fair results in over two decades as its prime minister Sali Berisha faces the fight of his political career.
- Albania to legalize same-sex marriage. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;8/6/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p8
The article reports on the bill against gender discrimination endorsed by Albanian Prime Minister Sali Berisha on July 29, 2009 in Albania.
- The Albanian Front. Carnegie, Marc // American Spectator;Jun99, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p42
Discusses the past conflicts and rebellious movements in Albania, which led to the crisis in Kosovo, involving Western countries. Condition of Kosovo before the United States administration ordered the NATO attacks; Character description of the former Albanian President Sali Berisha; Status of...
- Albanian Premier Congratulates Turkish Counterpart on Election Victory. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;6/13/2011, p116
Brief information is given about the congratulatory message Albania's Prime Minister Sali Berisha sent to Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan about his June 12, 2011 election victory.
- The Ponzi revolution. Nelan, Bruce W.; Calabresi, Massimo; al, et // Time;3/17/1997, Vol. 149 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the revolt of Albanians against the presidency of Sali Berisha. Berisha's actions; The start of the revolt; The damage done to the city of Vlora; The agreement of Berisha and opposition political leaders on a two-day halt to military operations; The impact of money losses from a...