- The Imperial Conference. Brailsford, H. N. // New Republic;10/8/30, Vol. 64 Issue 827, p196
Focuses on the Imperial Conference in London, England, that discussed the development of the self-governing part of the British Empire. Proclamation made by statesmen of some dominions regarding their political rights during wars; Discussion of the control which the British home government still...
- John E. Redmond. Walsh, J. C. // America;3/16/1918, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p576
The article discusses the role of John E. Redmond, an Irish statesman, in the struggle against England. It states that Redmond has the task to go on with the struggle against England's move to rule over Ireland. It mentions the achievement of Redmond in of bringing back the Home Rule Act to...
- Nehru's Story is Not Simply History. Tharoor, Shashi // News India Times;6/6/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 23, p2
The author discusses the legacy of former Prime Minister Jawarharlal Nehru who was an advocate for India's independence. He attributes the success story of the Indians to Nehru with the development of his basic Nehruvian post-colonial nationhood assumptions. He recalls the heroism of Nehru as...
- WELCOME TO KIM COLLINS COUNTRY. Goodwin, Clayton // New African;Jan2004, Issue 425, p54
Reports on the celebration of the independence anniversaries of the islands of Saint Kitts & Nevis and Dominica. Course of the history of the region; Damages of the European colonizers; Source of livelihood of the people.
- To Be or Not to Be a Nation. Ajder, Miroslav // Transitions Online;5/12/2008, p7
The article discusses the prospect of an independent Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is stated that the independence of the region has become the main concern for the Republika Srpska's citizens, after the sovereignty of nearby province of Kosovo, which was fiercely opposed. The...
- Another Congo? // Time;6/29/1962, Vol. 79 Issue 26, p24
The article focuses on two countries Republic of Rwanda and Kingdom of Burundi (Ruanda-Urundi), which are reportedly due to be freed from Belgian colonization. It states that the liberation of Ruanda-Urundi has stirred arguments among nations and the United Nations (U.N.) Trusteeship Committee...
- Hot spots get little support in quest for independence. Newsom, David D. // Christian Science Monitor;7/22/98, Vol. 90 Issue 166, p15
Discusses the responses of the international community to pleas for assistance in independence movements in several tense regions. Taiwan; Tibet; Kosovo; East Timor; Palestine; Northern Cyprus; Kashmir; Chechnya; Sovereignty issues which have prevented the international community from offering aid.
- Tour of Independence. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3 (Teacher's Edition);10/11/2002, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p2
Provides information on the Declaration of Independence written by Thomas Jefferson.
- AZERBAIJAN'S EURO-ATLANTIC VISION. Petersen, Alexandros // Azerbaijan Focus: Journal of International Affairs;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p193
The article reports on the move of Azerbaijan in visioning the European-Atlantic partner. It notes that the vision is affected by the decisions of the Euro-Atlantic leaders in the issue in Black Sea-Caspian region. It mentions that the path to Euro-Atlantic has been already pursued to strengthen...