- TO END HUNGER. // Christian Century;6/28/2005, Vol. 122 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on an appeal to U.S. President George W. Bush not to cut federal funding for anti-poverty programs. Participation of various religious denominations in an interfaith service at Washington National Cathedral in June 2005; Support of mainstream evangelical leaders for the anti-hunger...
- Bush signs orders allotting funds to religious programs. // National Catholic Reporter;12/27/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the allotment of more funds to religious programs, under U.S. president George W. Bush's program for promoting religious social service organizations, in 2002. Reinforcement of Bush's faith-based initiatives under the program; Significance of the organizations for the needy;...
- Washington Update. Branham, Chandra // Ocular Surgery News;3/10/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p3
This section offers news briefs on medical issues in the U.S. The final State of the Union address has been delivered by U.S. President George W. Bush, which only briefly touched on health care reforms. Meanwhile, physicians were offered a 0.5% increase in payment by the U.S. Congress at the end...
- More, Please. // National Review;3/5/2001, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on the defense policy of U.S. President George W. Bush. Bush had earlier promised for increased pay, deployment of a missile-defense system and a reconsideration rethinking of military policy, to rationalize Pentagon practices. But Bush has annoyed conservatives on Capitol...
- Defense Authorization Bill Finally Signed. // Army Magazine;Mar2008, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the approval of the revised 2008 National Defense Authorization Act by U.S. President George W. Bush. It states that the defense law authorizes a 3.5 percent salary increase for troops. It also mentions that the bill establishes a 120-day grace period for anyone who...
- Our New President. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Feb2001, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p1
Presents several photographs of United States President George W. Bush taken during his inauguration day.
- THE PRESIDENT'S FIRST DAY. Smith, Steph // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;01/15/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 14, p4
Provides information on the inauguration of United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush and the different governmental processes in the U.S.
- Our New President. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Feb2001, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p1
Describes the daily activities of United States President George W. Bush.
- Meet George W. Bush. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Sep2004, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p2
Focuses on U.S. President George W. Bush.