'Project' of a Lifetime
- Varied Series Drive Cable's Summer Surge. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;Sep2003, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p1
Reports an increase in cable television prime time viewership in the U.S. from May 26 through August 24, 2003. Variations in the types of shows offered by cable channels; Competition between broadcast and cable networks; Increase in the shares for advertising-supported cable networks.
- Cable nets grab slice of HBO pie. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;4/14/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the competition among cable television in the U.S. Sunday programming of Home Box Office; Percentage of television audience share; Ratings of the television network with the broadcasting of the mini-series "Band of Brother."
- Buzz Off. Bianculli, David // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 28, p10
The article discusses the increasing competition among television networks in the U.S. It cites that the broadcast networks have increasingly ceded the competition to cable, and even broadband. It also cites that while it is true that most cable shows still get little viewership compare to...
- Not much elbow room for cablers. Zeitchik, Steven // Variety;6/11/2007, Vol. 407 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the unusually large number of television shows debuting on cable networks in the United States during the summer of 2007. It is estimated that 33 series will compete for an audience, which is expected to result in the cancellation of many shows which might have survived in...
- NBA All-Star Game sets cable record. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p2
Reports on record viewership of the National Basketball Association's All-Star game telecast by Turner Network Television on February 9, 2003. Total number of viewers who watched the program's telecast; Highlights of the game; Rankings assigned to the telecast.
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign;11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Salad Days. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8A
Focuses on daytime programming of cable networks in the U.S. Factors that created a television audience during the daytime; Kinds of shows being presented by cable networks during daytime; Daytime ratings of the cable television industry from, September 23, 2002 to August 24, 2003.