The Nice Thing About Standards - There's One for Everybody
- ONVIF Reaches Conformance Milestone. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2012, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p30
The article reports on the conformance milestone for the standards initiative ONVIF which surpassed the 2,000 mark for the number of products with IP-based physical security interoperability standards.
- PSIA Announces New Working Group. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2013, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p34
The article reports that the Physical Security Interoperability Alliance (PSIA), manufacturer of physical security developed the Physical-Logical Access Interoperability Working Group focused on unifying logical and physical identities for security industry manufacturers, integrators in the U.S.
- One testing universe. VanEck, Len // Telephony;04/13/98, Vol. 234 Issue 15, p29
Discusses how Telecommunications Management Networks standards are pushing carriers to find testing solutions that verify interoperability. Shift in the emphasis on testing and verification in the telecommunications industry; Environmental impact statement; Field testing; Laboratory training...
- CDPD's Future. Zsigo, Konstantin J. // Wireless Review;04/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p46
Assesses the commercial success of Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD). Markets that are appropriate for CDPD; Why some cellular carriers have not deployed CDPD; Concluding remarks.
- APPLICATIONS OF METADATA. // Library Technology Reports;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on the application of metadata in the digital environment. Interoperability of the eXtensible Markup Language and Resource Description Framework metadata standards; Approach on the creation of transportation/transfer protocols among metadata standards; Method on retrieval and use of...
- DSL interoperability. Greene // Network World;11/30/98, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p30
Focuses on interoperability among digital subscriber line (DSL) modems as of November 30, 1999. Background on the DSL-Lite standard for DSL modems; Interoperability's impact on demand for DSL.
- Interoperability: A Word Befitting its Importance. Danielson, Todd // GEOWorld;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the role that Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards and standards organizations play in protecting Earth's water ecosystem by Mark Reichardt and the archived articles focusing on interoperability.
- The Games Begin. // Wireless Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p26
Reports on the Mobile Games Interoperability Forum to be launched by mobile phone companies to promote open standards in mobile games. Goal of the forum; Competition among companies in the mobile game market.
- Untitled. // Electronic News;3/14/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2005, p38
Reports on developments in components and standards used in networked computing. Wellfleet Communications' partnership with Fujitsu Network Transmission; Pulse Engineering's wireless radio-frequency components amd chip inductors; Expansion of Cabletron's original equipment manufacturing (OEM)...