Free falling with faith
- U.S. Outlook Depends on Consumers. // Business Mexico;Nov2001, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p12
Reports the importance of consumer confidence in igniting economic growth following the terrorist attacks in the United States. Claims of US Chamber of Commerce Chief Economist Martin Regalia on the consumer confidence; Forecasts on the economic US growth; Details on the unemployment figures.
- Downturn shouldn't affect manufacturing. Verespej, Mike // Plastics News;7/10/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p14
The article focuses on senior vice president and chief economist for the Chamber of Commerce, Martin Regalia's views regarding the dual impact of rising interest rates and rising energy prices on manufacturing. According to her, the current downshifting in the U.S. economy shouldn't adversely...
- Pave It. Boyce, Clayton // Traffic World;9/30/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 39, p9
Focuses on the criticisms towards the transportation infrastructure projects in the U.S. Concerns of environmental groups over the infrastructure projects; Cause of delays in implementing the expansion initiatives; Need of improvement in transportation system to meet the growing demands of the...
- Civil Engineers Hammer Infrastructure. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;May2001, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p10
Assesses the performance of the American Society of Civil Engineers in the 2001 Report Card for America's Infrastructure. Reason for the cumulative grade; Contention on the population growth and school enrollment; Estimation of investment needed to remedy looming problems.
- Pusillanimous Stimulus. Madrick, Jeff // Challenge (05775132);Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Lawrence Mishel on the need for investment in infrastructure projects as an economic stimulus and another by Mike Sharpe on the economic recession in the U.S.
- Infrastructure Investment Can Stimulate Growth. // Challenge (05775132);Mar/Apr96, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p4
Presents an interview with Richard A. Mudge, about infrastructure investment. Infrastructure investment seen to reduce cost to business and stimulate growth; Returns to the private and public sectors; Political aspects.
- Infrastructure Issues Are in the Hands of Consumers. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/09/99, Vol. 243 Issue 6, p59
Editorial. Focuses on the advocacy for better infrastructures in the United States (US). Arguments of Ralph Nader, a consumer advocate, on the protection of US infrastructures and public works; Data to support the fight for better infrastructures and public works; Views on investment in public...
- Shift in Southern Workforce Spurs Growth, Prosperity, Infrastructure Needs. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31003, p5
Reports on the growth of the economy of South United States. Growth of the workforce; Infrastructure needs; Factors that contributed to the region's growth; Shift from agricultural and manufacturing work to more professional, information-based employment.
- America's infrastructure needs reinforcement. Champy, Jim // San Diego Business Journal;8/19/96, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p13
Compares the infrastructure system of Japan and the United States. Japan's heavy investment in infrastructure; Forms of infrastructure; Author's ranking of the US as a global competitor; Commendation on the Japanese government and industry's unity to build infrastructure that benefits a...