The story of the three Rs
- On change and character. Barter, Richard F. // Independent School;Fall98, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p104
Focuses on the impact of computer technology, transformed family, change in gender roles, diversity, social justice on education. Excerpt from the book `Headmaster's Message,' by Richard Barter.
- A Policy of Industrial Education. Dewey, John // New Republic;12/19/14, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p11
Contemplates the necessary policy of industrial education in the United States. Attitude toward American public education; Plans to make industrial training part of the public school education; Industrial education in Germany; Relevance of the policy to U.S. conditions; Lack of enlightened...
- Editorial. // Education;Mar1906, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p430
The article addresses issues related to education in the United States. The reasons behind the increased interest given to manual arts and training are discussed. The primary criticism leveled against most school superintendents are highlighted and analyzed. The editorial staff of the periodical...
- A new Spanish-language lift-out. // Green Left Weekly;11/25/2009, Issue 819, p2
The author reflects on the need of radical social change in Latin America.
- COOPERATIVE PART-TIME DIVERSIFIED OCCUPATIONS PROGRAM. Rakestraw, C.E. // Education Digest;May1940, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p28
The article presents a reprint of the article "Cooperative part-time diversified occupations program," by C.E. Rakestraw, which appeared in the March 1940 issue of the "Occupations." It details the operation of the Cooperative Part-time Diversified Occupations Program in the United States. The...
- Industrial Arts and Trade and Industrial Education To Merge or Not to Merge? Lundy, Lyndall L. // Education Digest;Apr1974, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p56
This article discusses whether industrial arts and trade and industrial Education should merge. Logically, it seems industrial arts and trade-and-industrial education should get together under the umbrella of industrial education in order to effect greater positive change for both. Many state...
- Foreign Notes. A. T. S. // Education;Nov1914, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p189
The article highlights developments in education, specifically vocational education. The promotion of peasant industries forms the foundation of the systems of industrial education in European countries, with goals of educating the people of each district in an inheritance of art and industry...
- Mech Tech has been training winners for two decades. Velazquez, Raquel // Caribbean Business;5/29/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p44
Highlights the Caguas Institute of Mechanical Technology school in Puerto Rico. History of the industrial school; Associate degrees offered by the institution.
- Keep Some Change. Fugit, Carolyn Marie // Liberty Press;Mar2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p38
The author reflects on the role of the LGBT people in implementing change within the U.S. society.