Friend's Loss Highlights Tragedy of 'Iceberg' Pain
- First response to medical events. Haase, Richard R. // Fire Engineering;Mar1996, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p72
Discusses fire department operations' role of giving primary response to emergency medical care requests. Benefits of such services; Safety of the rescuers; Primary access and protection from exposure; Examination and evaluation of patient; Controlling life-threatening injuries; Treating...
- North Las Vegas FD Reinstates Emergency Transports. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;10/20/2011, p2
The article reports that the city council in North Las Vegas has reinstated the use of emergency medical service (EMS) transports by the Fire Department in Las Vegas, Nevada one month after it was removed in October 201.
- SAFER Application Period Now Open. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/16/2012, p2
The article announces that fire departments can apply for the Fiscal Year 2012 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response grants, where the application period closes on August 10, 2012.
- CFAI accredits 13 agencies. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/7/2013, p3
The article reports that the Commission on Fire Service Accreditation International has provided accredited agency status to various fire service agencies including NSA Souda Bay Fire & Emergency Services, Ramstein AB Fire & Emergency Services, and MCAS Yuma Fire Department.
- ST. Louis (Mo.) initiates 9-1-1 Plus medical response referral system. // Fire Engineering;May98, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p38
Reports that emergency medical calls to the Saint Louis, Missouri Fire Department are now processed through the 9-1-1 Plus emergency medical response referral system. Functionality and utility of the system; Advantages and benefits of using the system.
- Emergency medical services. // Fire Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p22
Presents responses of fire departments in the United States on whether they charge special fee for emergency medical services. Includes response of Phoenix, Arizona Fire Department; Seattle, Washington Fire Department.
- PROPOSED 1710, PART 2. // Fire Engineering;Dec2000, Vol. 153 Issue 12, p18
Part II. Focuses on preparations of several fire departments in compliance with the Emergency Medical Operations component of the proposed National Fire Protection Association 1710 ' Standard for the Organization and Deployment of Fire Suppression, Emergency Medical Operations and Special...
- A promising response. Spitzer, Judith // Journal of Business (10756124);7/3/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p27
The article reports on Washington-based Spokane Fire Department's pilot program that dispatches alternative response unit vehicles which has been extended until 2016, highlighting the significant increase in the number of nonlife-threatening medical calls that the department receives.
- Restructuring fire and emergency medical services. Snead, George C.; Porter, Robert // Public Management (00333611);Feb96, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the fire department and emergency medical services (EMS) in Roanoke, Virginia. Controversy in fire department on EMS; Conflict at EMS station level; Goals for EMS to achieve. INSETS: Figure 1: Structure of the previous system.;Figure 2: Project management team.;Figure 3: Twelve...