BRAND NEW VIEW
- Microsoft Not Wasting Retiree's Skills. Katt, Spencer F. // eWeek;04/09/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p86
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s hiring of Cliff Reeves as vice president of marketing for the company's .Net server product management group. Reeves' main responsibilities; Significance of the move to Microsoft.
- AN EXPLORATORY STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF MANAGERIAL FRAMES OF REFERENCE ON PRODUCT DECISIONS. Lee, James M.; Mowen, John C. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1998, Vol. 9, p75
Examines the influence of managerial frames of reference on product decisions. Sources of competitive advantage; Focus on lowering cost; Analysis on the capabilities of the competitors.
- Protecting the purity of the Virgin brand. Barrett, Lucy // Marketing Week;7/25/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p22
Reports on the appointment of Ashley Stockwell as the first group brand marketing director of the Virgin brand name to protect Virgin's interests. Duties and responsibilities; Core brand values; Negative publicity received by the brand; Importance of a good image to the Virgin empire.
- KEYS to Successful Product Planning. Ames, B. Charles // Business Horizons;Summer66, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p49
Provides tips in achieving a successful product and marketing planning. Importance of marketing planning on the competitive marketplace; Use of product management concept in several industries; Role of the top management on marketing planning.
- the frontline. // Marketing Week;4/15/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p27
The article presents insights about brand power trends from several marketing executives in Great Britain including Kevin Peake of Npower, Brian Waring of Starbucks U.K. and Ireland, David Kisilevski of Burger King, and Matt Coombe of Sony U.K.
- The Secret Marketer. // Marketing Week;9/1/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p15
The article discusses the issue on the frequent changes of marketing account teams and the length of tenure for brand managers.
- The Cleaning Lady. Wong, Elaine // Adweek;4/20/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 16, pAM4
The article focuses on Suzanne Watson, a marketing executive at Procter & Gamble. Watson is product manager for Tide brand detergent, one of the company's largest-selling products. A working day for Watson is described, including meetings with the advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi to evaluate...
- THE IRONMAN OF MARKETING. Hein, Kenneth // Brandweek;5/4/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 18, pAM6
The article focuses on marketing executive Jason Ash. Ash is product manager for the Accelerade brand energy drink. After promoting the product for Cadbury Schweppes, Ash left the company to move to PacificHealth Laboratories when that firm acquired the product line from his former employer....
- Do Brand Manager Credentials Still Matter? Bissell, John // Brandweek;03/26/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p16
Discusses the importance of the credentials of brand managers in the advertising industry. Marketing career paths of brand managers; Comparison of traditional marketing executives with the new generation of executives; Survey on the important skill sets for the executives.